Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 12v Sockets / Cigarette Lighters not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Sorry, forgot to mention, the lead hanging down and unconnected in your second photo is a power supply lead for a FBH remote receiver. If you had a FBH, then the remote Webasto receiver (which can be an extra option) would be located behind the white box with SiemensVDO written on it.

The FBH is standard on diesel FFRRs but is an option on the petrols.

Post #247896 12th Mar 2014 9:36pm
rej

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Fuses are OK Sad The relay has a different number to the others on the board so will have to try and source a replacement before I can check that.

Will update in due course. There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #248009 13th Mar 2014 10:44am
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Hi Rej,

I went out to my FF to see if I could get the part number for you, off the relay. I've discovered that I don't have a relay for the rear cigar lighter or accessory socket, instead there's a bypass link on two pins where the relay should be that means my rear lighter and front accessory socket are permanently 'live' (i.e. I can use them without the key in the ignition!).

I've done some digging though and I think the relay you need to get has part number YWB101300 (you can get the relay for between £6.00 and £12.00 from most parts suppliers, google search for the part).

Hope this helps.

Post #248469 15th Mar 2014 5:13pm
rej

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I was trying to get the relay out to get a part no and removed the 2 20amp fuses to get better leverage. I dropped on of the fuses and as it was easier to put in a new fuse rather than hunt around under the boot floor in the office carpark I put in a new fuse and noticed the DVD screens came on so look like it was the fuse or a stick
Relay that fixed itself when I removed and plugged back in.

I retrieved the fuse today and it looks fine but when tested back in the original socket no power

Fuse must have cracked or similar rather than blown visibly but at least this problem is fixed and at no cost do a bonus. Now just need to sort the poor sound on the hands free There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #248685 16th Mar 2014 11:11pm
crispy2

Australia 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Thanks Paulmoran, I had the issue with the front cig lighter not working (for tyre compressor) and I checked fuse #2 in the front fuse holder per the book and that fuse was fine. I just had a read of this forum which stated the #17 fuse in the RHR fuse box area was the likely culprit and presto it was burnt out. So I will get my replacement 20A fuse in the morning to get it going again. I am pleased to find the culprit but I am puzzled as to why it blew in the first place. I've not been doing anyting untoward. I did read that the circuit also feeds the rear seat heater and rear air blower and the kids have a propenisty to mess around with knobs for no good reason may be the reason.

So all I can do is replace it and have some spares on hand.

Thanks for help via this forum.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Pete '07 4.2 S/C
'13 X3M

Post #323466 21st Apr 2015 3:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123