Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 2010/2012 facelift conversion - my step by step guide
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Doh never mind...

Ok as I only have one weekend day free at a time I'm going to do some heavy prep work so going to sort pdc Into new bumper along with jets and fogs prior...

Now the first new question - do you have a picture or know exactly what I must cut on the wings?

Secondly are there sockets for the 02 plugs so I can make a conversion harness rather than chopping?

Finally, my new fogs I bought are non genuine but perfect fit and led that fit in the stock housing. The have 1 ballast for two units so only one bulb connector is needed - will this be an issue the same goes for resistors and headlights do I just need the for indicators?

Post #398753 1st Aug 2016 11:10pm
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi mate

I don't have "exact" dimensions of what you need to cut, you have to offer up the new bumper bracket to the wing to mark what metal needs to be cut out. If your car hasn't had any face lofts before you will also need to cut the edge of the wing where the headlights butt up to the edge of the wing. When you take it apart and offer up the new head light you will see what I mean.

They don't make connectors, you have to cut the connectors off as on the 03 lights there is 3 connectors peer headlight where as the 2012 only has one. You have to merge your connectors into the new one.

I'm not 100% sure on the fog lights you have mentioned, if they are not genuine it hard to tell how the LCM will react. It may be the case you will have to add in extra resistors on the fog lights to clear any errors. Are the new lights CAN bus error light?

You only need 1 resistor on the indicator wires per headlight, this steps the double flashing. You will also need to disable hot and cold monitoring of the indicators using NAVCODER or another diagnostic equipment. You don't need any other resistors for the headlights. If you are doing the rear lights as well you will need to buy the interface boxes from eBay to make them work correctly.

Matt Current
2012 Range Rover 5.0L SC Ultimate Edition
2012 Range Rover 4.4L TDV8 Autobiography
2010 Range Rover 3.6L TDV8 Autobiography
2003 Range Rover 4.4L V8 Bespoke Vehicle

Inventor of the retro fit paddle shift and many other modifications.
Creator of the custom 2010+ RR MK4 splash screen.
Creator of the Range Rover CarPC and lots more!

Founder of Range Rover Owner
rangeroverowner.com | Facebook.com/RangeRoverOwner | Latest Videos ➞ YouTube.com/RangeRoverOwner

Post #398760 2nd Aug 2016 12:16am
Danwilderspin

Hi Matt - dare I ask what is best for cutting - hack saw? Grinder? Dremel with small grinding disc? Sorry just want everything to hand... Cheers!

Post #398929 2nd Aug 2016 11:37pm
mattstevenson2005

You will need a grinder with a smallish blade for cutting steel. You have to be really careful cutting the wings and they are double skinned where the bracket mounts are so you have to cut the inner skin without going through to the actual outer wing skin. Just look st my pics and you will see what I mean. Make sure you offer up the new bracket and mark the metal that needs removing as the inner wing is quite thick steel so you don't want to remove more than you need. Same with the wing edges where the headlights butt up that's simply a straight cut with the grinder to remove the edge.

Matt Current

rangeroverowner.com | Facebook.com/RangeRoverOwner | Latest Videos ➞ YouTube.com/RangeRoverOwner

Post #398934 3rd Aug 2016 12:30am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Or take the easier but more expensive route and buy new wings Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #398939 3rd Aug 2016 2:43am
Danwilderspin

Was trying to get away with no painting too much as paintwork isn't bad already and found a matching colour bumper...

Sorry for so many questions Matt - if I were to just connect the existing tank would water just dribble out the new washers?

Post #398972 3rd Aug 2016 12:05pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You can get away with not replacing the washers on >MY56 cars but not on earlier cars, as they used wipers and low pressure jets. Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #399029 3rd Aug 2016 6:49pm
jam220

United States 2007 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

mattstevenson2005 wrote:
Hi mate

I don't have "exact" dimensions of what you need to cut, you have to offer up the new bumper bracket to the wing to mark what metal needs to be cut out. If your car hasn't had any face lofts before you will also need to cut the edge of the wing where the headlights butt up to the edge of the wing. When you take it apart and offer up the new head light you will see what I mean.

They don't make connectors, you have to cut the connectors off as on the 03 lights there is 3 connectors peer headlight where as the 2012 only has one. You have to merge your connectors into the new one.

I'm not 100% sure on the fog lights you have mentioned, if they are not genuine it hard to tell how the LCM will react. It may be the case you will have to add in extra resistors on the fog lights to clear any errors. Are the new lights CAN bus error light?

You only need 1 resistor on the indicator wires per headlight, this steps the double flashing. You will also need to disable hot and cold monitoring of the indicators using NAVCODER or another diagnostic equipment. You don't need any other resistors for the headlights. If you are doing the rear lights as well you will need to buy the interface boxes from eBay to make them work correctly.

Matt

i used a pry bar and slowly pry on it and the separates then i use a pliers and they came right off

Post #399031 3rd Aug 2016 6:57pm
mattstevenson2005

Danwilderspin wrote:
Was trying to get away with no painting too much as paintwork isn't bad already and found a matching colour bumper...

Sorry for so many questions Matt - if I were to just connect the existing tank would water just dribble out the new washers?

2002 - 2007 cars need the new washer system and new high pressure pumps. Early cars have a low pressure system and this isn't good enough for the new style jets.

Matt Current

Post #399065 3rd Aug 2016 8:42pm
Danwilderspin

Right - you speak sense - firstly jame are you saying you didn't grind at all? What did you lever not so as not to bend the wing?

Matt - I know 100% you way is the correct way but it's seems a ball ache due to the fact one pump is under powered... My head is telling me to order one of these off eBay item eBay Item No. 361672899449 - e46/e60 washer systems have been the same for years and look pretty much the same style jets as the 2010s... So in theory... If I bout that pump replaced the existing pump and rigged it to the new jets can you see any problems.. I do appreciate I'm venturing into the unknown 😉

Post #399228 4th Aug 2016 9:29pm
Danwilderspin

Or could the new headlight pump only be modified to fit the existing space for it or the space to the pump?

Also sorry for the bombarding of questions but realised now I have afs lights with corner lighting - if the wheels were straight when removed how could I straighten them - as I know there's no afs retrofit is there...

Post #399231 4th Aug 2016 9:31pm
mattstevenson2005

Tbh no idea if that eBay pump will work suppose the only way to find out is to try. Just bear in mind that it is a MOT requirement if you have xenon headlights you must have working headlight washers. 👍🏻

With regards to your AFS headlights send me a pic of your head light front and I will tell you have to do

Matt Current

Post #399234 4th Aug 2016 10:05pm
Danwilderspin

Hmm might swap the headlight pump from 330 into the ff while it's off and give it a go - I'm guessing I can use the original hoses?

Also just looking on powerfuls page they recommend headlight support brackets but don't see them on here are they needed?

Finally - I have most bits except the Titan trim in middle of bumper, the tow eye cover and the two corner splitters - can these be retrofitted quite easily if I want to make a start ?

Post #399248 4th Aug 2016 10:39pm
mattstevenson2005

You can't use the original hose, the 2012 bumper jet and pipe work are different to the 2003 ones and the hose has a different connector the 2003 hoses just push on to the pumps (held in place with a cable tie or metal clip) where as the 2012 pipe work has a plastic connector that clips onto the pump

With regards to the support brackets, I never fitted these and I'm not sure where they would even fit. My 2012 headlights fitted perfectly and has all the support hold lined up with the existing brackets.

The trim, toe eye and splitters are just clip on items so can be done later on

Matt Current

Post #399253 4th Aug 2016 10:53pm
Danwilderspin

Thanks Matt - well I'll get the hose and jets and pump and make something work hopefully...

Now one strange question - I'm sure I read else where that the tow eye is bigger on the early l322 and needs to be trimmed to get the cover on when doing front end or am I imagining it?

Post #399350 5th Aug 2016 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>