Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
New cost effective 20" tyre

Have seen these advertised recently.

Atturo

American tyres designed for SUV and crossovers, 3 tread patterns, the AZ-800 is the one most of us would go for, nice looking tread pattern, plus they do a size you could fit to the 20" alloys and not affect gearing etc, with a slightly wider than OE spec 265 55 20 112V XL pattern.

Click image to enlarge

Seem to retail for about £100 a corner, same as Nexen Rodians. Tyres a re built in Taiwan.

Write up from their website:

http://www.atturo.com/moto/home

As a company, we are committed to producing REAL tires at affordable prices. So, what is a REAL tire? In our opinion, that is a product which is engineered, tested and stood behind by the brand. Many of the new low cost factories in the world produce sub-par quality products that are simply a nicely drawn tread pattern dropped on top of a pirated carcass with a generic tread compound. They will agree to make the speed and load index whatever the customer requests. UTQG ratings are again applied as if just meaningless letters. While they are (mostly) round and black, the difference between these and a well engineered tire is vast. If you are aware of these differences, would you really pick the lesser tire just to save a few percent on the initial purchase?
Features:

• New SRG (Sloped Radius Gradient) tread pattern for outstanding wet performance,

namely wet handling, and prevents uneven wear.

• Produced with Hydrocarbon Free (Clean) Oil, meeting the EU REACH level of compliance.

• Unique complex sipes for ultimate comfort at all speeds..

• Extra hard carbon black in rubber compound reduces tire flexion - increases comfort when cornering.

• Large shoulder blocks engineered for tighter grip when cornering,

improved handling capability and enhanced steering response.

• High tensile bead wire and high bead filler maximize tire stability, safety and high speed reliability.

• Rim Protector provides extra protection for rims from curbs and potholes.

• High Turn-Up Polyester Casing keeps tire in proper dimensions and significantly Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #264074 8th Jun 2014 10:23pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Until these nonentity brands become good enough to make the grade as OEMs (e.g. Hankook) I'd keep my hand in my pocket.

Post #264083 8th Jun 2014 11:35pm
Joe90

England 

They look a bit like Nexens too. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #264085 8th Jun 2014 11:47pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Trommel wrote:
Until these nonentity brands become good enough to make the grade as OEMs (e.g. Hankook) I'd keep my hand in my pocket.

Not sure I understand. These are a brand in their own right, they seem quite popular in the States, they're not remoulds.

Silver line 4x4 are now a uk dealer for them but I also saw them at my tyres and eBay. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #264096 9th Jun 2014 6:02am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

They sound like one of the brands trying to put good tyres onto the market. I have the Nexens on my 4.2 and no complaints (although driving conditions don't match what most of us see). These sounds like similar, not a big name (yet?) and doing OK.

I would call the second tier brands, that don't have the massive R&D budgets that the big boys have.

Vredestein is one of the second tier manufacturers that seems to slowly become a first tier (if they already aren't). For years they were definitely second tier (and I always wondered whether anyone even knew about them outside the Netherlands) but they seem to have become a "big" player over time.

Whether a lot of these second tier companies will make it to first tier is also marketing, the more money they make, the more then can spend on tyre development Smile.

A quick Google search is usually my first start (as I did with the Nexens) to see if there are any potentially serious issues with a newcomer. Not done it for these yet (well a very quick one showed nothing serious). The internet is a good place to find issues if you search in the right way. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #264098 9th Jun 2014 6:44am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I have a set of 19's on mine. I normally avoid dirt cheap tyres because all the reviews say they're crap, and I don't want crap tyres. I won't pay for a brand but I will pay for quality. The reviews for these were different thougth - they were good, so I thought I'd invest in a set.

They're actually made by Federal in Taiwan.

I find them ok but this is only the second summer I've had them on so I don't know about wear. So far so good. They certainly shouldn't be ranked with the ultra cheap Chinese brands that really are crap.

Not everyone rates them though.

Oh, and they're not much good in snow - but I have a dedicated winter set of Wintrac's, so that was never a requirement for me.

Post #264099 9th Jun 2014 7:29am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

quote from davids link,

''Think you could find a far better tyre than the Atturo though, someone once said to me they were like driving on used durex.''

i must try this one day.. Laughing ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #264114 9th Jun 2014 8:40am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Yeah, I don't know where that comes from. I haven't driven on used durex but they drive like a quality tyre.

Post #264116 9th Jun 2014 8:47am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hey in my time Durex was a high quality product...

Post #264119 9th Jun 2014 8:55am
JOKER

Scotland 

Burst one win a baby ...... Laughing ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #264127 9th Jun 2014 9:24am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

RRUK wrote:

Not sure I understand

Assessing the quality of a tyre by subjective user review is entirely pointless - when someone says their NangWang Superhero Thrusters are great, what they really mean is that they were cheap, they think the tread pattern is quite cool and they haven't crashed yet because of them. Under test conditions they are most likely hopeless in every measurable criteria - as the tyre tests usually show - but Ron down the road couldn't tell the difference if the local fitters had stuck a set of remould wheelbarrow tyres on, as long as they fit his pot-metal Overfinch replicas well enough to pass an MOT.

When these budget manufacturers start being able to make products which meet high OEM standards for the right price, they become OEM suppliers (hence the possibility of your brand new S Class turning up with a set of Hankooks).

Until then I'll spend my money on something with more of a chance of being decent, because meaningful objective assessment is pretty much impossible for the end user.

Post #264135 9th Jun 2014 9:52am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

its a massive chunk of metal you're driving Adam so personally i'd fit a well known branded tyre.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #264139 9th Jun 2014 10:35am
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

I run Nexons on the rears and apart from getting a screw in one of them Big Cry with hardly any wear , had to have a new one then realised the spare was totally flat and they repaired the nexon and that is now my spare Thumbs Up

A few have said that the side walls are soft , I would agree with this as sometimes they look they are low on pressure but to be totally honest for me to put quality tyres on my car , well I just can't justify the cost for a start and after a conversation with the guys I have used for years who fit my tyres , he said what is the point of spending all that money on a branded tyre when there is just as much chance of getting another puncture and his other comment was you have a car that even with the branded tyres were never meant to run on a vehicle of that weight running on tyres that were meant for cars and not suv's

Now I totally don't have a clue whether what he was saying is true or not but for me personally , for the amount of miles I do ( have had the car just over a year and coming up to 3,000 miles ) as said can't justify the cost and his other comment was ,,, what is the point of spending a huge amount of money on branded tyres that that type of car is going to chew through anyway Thumbs Up

Oh and I quiet like the look of these Atturo's Bow down

Cheers
Dave Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Life Sucks but ya just have to do the best you can with what you have !

Post #264261 9th Jun 2014 8:55pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Agree, mileage, driving habits, speed, conditions, they all come into play.

As I do over 20,000 a year in mine and its a SC, I'll stick to Pirellis, but thought the forum members would like to know that's all! Shocked Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #264264 9th Jun 2014 8:58pm
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Well I drive mine like a granddad most of the time , I have a play now and again , just to hear the supercharger scream Rolling with laughter

But as said I wouldn't have any problem at all going for that type of tyre Thumbs Up

I quiet like the tread pattern to Thumbs Up Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Life Sucks but ya just have to do the best you can with what you have !

Post #264265 9th Jun 2014 9:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>