Home > General > Well the old girl let me down yesterday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Well the old girl let me down yesterday

Sad Sad Sad

So, of all days, I'm on my way to a job interview for something I really want. On the M25 I had a few lights and messages then she lost all drive. Pulled on to the shoulder and there was barely enough battery power to run the hazard lights. I can tell you all that the air was blue for 30 or so seconds.

The most annoying part was that there was not enough battery power to open the glovebox and thus get to the LR assist documents. Now that is a Censored design.

Anyway, I still have an hour and there's only 11 miles to go. All is not yet lost. So I called the Dealer Principal on his mobile which, to his credit, he answered at 8:00 am. He gave me the number for LR Assist who, to their credit were fantastic. I explained the situation and they arranged for the recovery truck to take me to the interview and have the LR Tech look at it on their premises. I called ahead to the interviewer and explained that I might be 10 minutes late but that I would be there, and indeed I arrived 5 minutes late in a large yellow AA van, much to the interviewer's amusement.

Net result is that
1. I have a second interview Mr. Green
2. Car needs a new alternator and was recovered to my dealer in Solihull Thumbs Up
3. LR Quoted 6 weeks for a service exchange alternator. I spoke to Nick at Yeovil Land Rover who told me how to insist on a "New in Lieu" replacement which will be there today. Thumbs Up

So, still love the car and want it back badly. A bit of good planning gave me the slack to recover the situation. LR Assist couldn't have been more helpful; they even told Enterprise to get me another RR as a replacement which Enterprise were really struggling with. I gave the guy a break and told him I didn't care that badly and I took the first car he had. Made his day anyway. Vauxhall Corsa with a manual box, hmmm, interesting. (haven't driven a manual for 15 years)

My dealer, Stratstone JLR Birmingham have been really helpful with 30 minute updates. They were even talking about trying to find a RR in their stock to take the alternator off at one point. Customer service as it should be. Thumbs Up If anyone wants or needs customer service like this I will be happy to pass on the name of the DP via PM.

And last, but by no means least I would like everyone to know that Nick (parts Manager at Yeovil LR) AKA The Large One on the disco3 site, is one of the finest blokes I've ever had the pleasure to know. Without his advice I'd have been waiting for a replacement alternator for 6 weeks. Absolute God !! Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #23076 24th Jul 2010 8:41am
RLD

England 

you all need to know of him he is the man Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #23079 24th Jul 2010 11:18am
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Good to hear that you got all the help from others when you needed it Very Happy

All the best of luck for your second interview Thumbs Up

Post #23096 24th Jul 2010 5:01pm
DiscoStu

England 
Re: Well the old girl let me down yesterday

mzplcg wrote:
I would like everyone to know that Nick (parts Manager at Yeovil LR) AKA The Large One on the disco3 site, is one of the finest blokes I've ever had the pleasure to know.

Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down Bow down

His Missus ain't far behind Whistle Laughing Glad it wasn't all bad - good luck with the job Thumbs Up

Post #23109 24th Jul 2010 11:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1