Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Another newbie needing help with electronic faults
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
martincank

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
Another newbie needing help with electronic faults

Hi all
Hope someone can help I've just bought a ffrr a late 2006 TDV8 vogue SE with DVD and rear entertainment and loads of gadgets most of which don't work. I have spent the last two weeks trying to sort it out myself by checking as many posts as possible but I'm struggling now. Faults are as follows:
1. touchscreen works ok always when ignition switched to accessory (displays radio or whatever selected) but once engine is started about 80% of the time it just says Land Rover and stays that way until the ignition is switched off for 2 mins or more and then comes on again (displays radio or whatever selected) if you turn ignition back on. The radio still plays ok but you can't change anything other than the volume and only on the steering controls.
2. CD press the screen button but doesn't work. When you load magazine it makes all the right noises by checking discs but won't play or display on screen.
3.Aux the same won't let you select it.
4. DVD same but DVD rear screens work fine play DVD discs but no sound as I didn't get any headphones with car.
5. TV same as CD but does have hybrid tuner.
6. Voice activation not working and no sound.
7.Sat Nav works ok but no voice or sound.
8.Main volume knob not working steering control working fine.
9.Tone controls not working won't change from logic 7 settings.
10.Reversing camera fitted but not working.
I'm sure most of these are linked. I've also had a new battery fitted and when I couldn't set up my Bluetooth I checked in the boot and found the Bluetooth module had been bypassed with a bic pen shaft and the module was water damaged I have now replaced this with a new one thinking this may fix the other faults but no, however the Bluetooth now works faultlessly but I could do with finding a male fibre optic plug to fit Bluetooth module as the previous owner left me Without one.
Quite a list for a newbie but I know there are a lot of very clever and experienced members out there.
Love the car but hate having toys in there that aren't working. If you've read this far thanks and if you can help with any suggestions then great.

Post #297839 9th Dec 2014 2:18am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

You have probably guessed this already but it sounds like you have allot more water damage than just the Nokia phone unit .
check and clean all connections in the back and when you have finished tracing all you current woes fit a new tailgate seal and fit a water shredder in the rear left to stop it happening again .
Maybe use the Bic biro bypass trick the previous owner used to isolate each unit to look for you problem units . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #297844 9th Dec 2014 4:09am
martincank

Many thanks for your prompt reply axle. Big Cry
Yes I did wonder about water damage to something else and sorry but I forgot to add in my original post. I've removed each module fom the boot in turn and bypassed the fibre optics on each module one at a time but nothing started working off my list of failures during this procedure. I've then took each module into the house in the warm and physically checked inside each and every module for any water or moisture ingress but nothing found. Then I've double checked upon refitting the connecting wires and give a quick squirt of WD40 to connections for good measure. There is a water shredder fitted and for now I've fitted some bubble wrap loosely around everything while I'm finding leek. The only module that showed some water marks was the hybrid Tv Tuner module just light corrosion on outside but nothing inside and when bypassed the other modules still didn't work. The only thing I haven't been able to check is the connections by the CD in the glovebox and the touchscreen itself as I can only find details to do this for the models upto 2005 with single glove box and different dash cover and I don't want to do any damage trying to get to these connections by working blind,if you see what I mean.
Thanks Martin....

Post #297876 9th Dec 2014 10:52am
axle

Well it's sound like you have done all the sensible stuff so I'm out of knowledge from here on , you are going to need to take the dash top of and wait for some one who knows what they are talking about . See Powerfull UK web site for videos to do the dash top off. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.

Post #297879 9th Dec 2014 11:03am
martincank

Thanks again Axle
I'm going to my local Indy in Oswestry it's McDonalds when I get chance to see if they can quote me to find faults and hopefully get it sorted if anyone else has any ideas please advise.....
A very big thanks to all for everything else you've contributed on other posts I've read loads and loads over the short time I've been a member and stored as much of it as I can remember for future use.....

Post #297889 9th Dec 2014 11:59am
martincank

Update on fault being rectified

Hi all
Got everything working now after buying several parts and a visit to the local Indy no faults cured. After much time spent with trial and error it turned out that before I bought the car someone had been fiddling with the hidden touchscreen menu and altered settings in the M.O.S.T option having reset this everything started working for me. Laughing

Post #312810 15th Feb 2015 4:29pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well that's a result... read your first post and thought you had a very strange problem... glad it's sorted...

Get a new tailgate seal........ Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #312865 15th Feb 2015 6:46pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Re: Update on fault being rectified

martincank wrote:
someone had been fiddling with the hidden touchscreen menu and altered settings in the M.O.S.T option having reset this everything started working for me.

How do you get to this hidden screen & how did you reset the options ?

Post #312869 15th Feb 2015 6:51pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

^ , http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic2243.html ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #312873 15th Feb 2015 6:56pm
axle

You can change the M,O,S,T settings in the hidden menu ? Shocked Shocked
Remind me not to go there again , I have a bad record of fiddling with stuff I don't understand . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.

Post #312952 16th Feb 2015 2:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1