Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Final Attempt to Get Bluetooth Phone Working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rej

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Final Attempt to Get Bluetooth Phone Working

I purchased replacement Bluetooth module last year from Wiggins and all was fine, phone paired and contacts (not all due to quantity on my phone) showed etc... One day the phone quality deteriorated (now I know this is when I wired my LED headlights) so I replaced the microphone: no better. I then found some settings in the CCF file using my IID tool tried lots of different bluetooth setting: no improvement and only sometimes finding a phone.

For about 6 months I have been using a Bluetooth earpiece but would really like a speaker phone for when I forget to take the headset with me.

I tried to connect the other day and the screen just says Phone not Fitted and the phone (tried several) dies not find the Land Rover to pair with. The Bluetooth module is new and shows no signs of moisture and all other functions of the radio, CD, TV, Nav etc... work as they should.

Due to my playing with the CCF file I have no idea what the original/working settings should be so would appreciate if someone with a working phone could let me know what the phone and Bluetooth settings should be so I can try for a final time.

Any other suggestions appreciated or I will have to look at a Parrot type unit or just stick with the headset. Assume a Parrot can be fitted to the FF with Nav as I understand that not much can be done with the factory system.

FF is a 2006 AJV8 with touchscreen Nav.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/help.

Robert There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #323699 22nd Apr 2015 5:23pm
rej

Bump - anyone??? There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

Post #323955 23rd Apr 2015 12:49pm
stenh02

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Rimini Red

The IIDTool stores your original settings (for CCF etc) so you should be able to restore all settings to 'normal'. This may mean that some of the changes to the CCF that you wanted will revert back but hopefully the blutooth will as well and you can then update the CCF for the others that it blanked.

Post #324561 26th Apr 2015 6:50pm
rej

I restored the CCF setting from my IDD but the bluetooth settings did not change (some others did) but none of the restores I tried put it back to the way it was when purchased (i.e. alarm still chirps and key does not bong which they did originally when purchased).

Settings are:

Bluetooth: YES
Cellular Telephone: BT1
Companion 2: FREQ433

Are these correct for working Bluetooth phone? Are there other settings that I need to change?

Would reinstalling the old Nokia fitting in the centre armrest make any difference?

I have seen mention of re-flashing the Bluetooth / ECU is this worth trying, if so how do I do it with my non BT IDD? I have a new Nokia Bluetooth box which was supplied with updated software by Wiggins on here about a year ago and did work originally with the Iphone 5s and others. There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

Post #325321 1st May 2015 12:34pm
rej

Bump anyone able to say if these are the correct settings and if they are anything else to check to see where the problem might be.

Robert There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

Post #327196 11th May 2015 5:05pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

It might be worth reflashing the bluetooth module. You can do it with your Gap iiD tool. Details are on their website IIRC John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #327197 11th May 2015 5:11pm
rej

Would really like to get the phone working if anyone can please have a look at the CCF files related to the phone and bluetooth and tell me what they should be.

I did look to reflash the module but couldn't find this option for the Bluetooth and didn't want to screw up anything else so any instructions appreciated. There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

Post #366723 12th Jan 2016 6:13pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

To reflash the software, IIRC, you need to install the "Special" Software from the Gap web site. Once done you then revert to the current standard software. It's a while since I did it so can't remember whether Gap authorised or whether it was just accessing your account and installing.

It was pretty straightforward with some caveats on maintaining the battery level when reflashing.

Send an e-mail to Gap support and they will confirm what you have to do.

PS. The information is at 3.10 in the GapiiD tool documentation accessed through Support on their website. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #367247 15th Jan 2016 8:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1