Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > ZF 5HP24 Transmission rebuild - How To ? It begins.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 14 <123 ... 91011 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
andrew.aa

Italy 2004 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Java Black

yes Phil, I checked more than one time since I know that you always ask for peg position
noticed that happen when accellerate a bit
I swapped output and input speed sensor, but I checked resistance before fitting and was ok.

Post #340973 6th Aug 2015 11:02am
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

P0720 (output speed sensor) is a fault code commonly flagged when the transfer box shift motor potentiometer is sending out a faulty signal. Can you select low range and get back into high again?

Phil

Post #340978 6th Aug 2015 11:36am
andrew.aa

to be honest at first start, after box refitted, the t-case yellow light was blinking without reason.
however, if you remember I had asked a few months ago for the output speed sensor error
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwuJIrNHqfEmQy0yZXQ1SnlDd1U/view
and now, after sensors swapped , the error went on front sensor.
Tested many time and recalibrated also the t-case shift motor , that before transmission job was ok.
Now I can't go in low range, and when pressing button, nothing happen , but I'm sure due the failsafe mode, that not allow to work.
I would give a little description of symptom:
in drive mode, at low rpm without acceleration, I can go, after few meters, a bit increase of speed, drive seems to lost, and come back when you slow down.
sometime, always in drive mode,I can go, for few meters,and seems to engage reverse gear together, and giving the accelerator the car stands still blocked.
ps.. bmw bottle part number 83222305396 is the same of mobil ATF LT71141

Post #340986 6th Aug 2015 12:36pm
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

I believe that the BMW part number for ZF Lifeguard Fluid 5 / Mobil ATF LT71141 is 83229407807. The part numbers sometimes change though depending on the quantity e.g. a 20 litre drum or a 1 litre bottle.

I think 83222305396 is what BMW call 'ATF2' which is for the 6-speed transmission.

Phil

Post #340999 6th Aug 2015 2:22pm
andrew.aa

Thanks Phil, I asked because here in Italy we have no way to buy LT71141, less than 20 liters, and from Germany need 4 working days, than sometime I bought parts quickly from BMW dealer if compatible. But I want no risk, so I will go for Mobil.
Meanwhile, some advice, could be low oil level?, or I have disassemble transmission.. I don't know what think really frustrating, after so much work Crying or Very sad

Post #341009 6th Aug 2015 3:13pm
andrew.aa

So, I removed T-CASE because thinking , leak on output shaft seal, I know position incorrect. but not too much oil found

anyway, drained transmission oil , and just three liters came out... I think a pair of liters are on the converter yet, so I believe the level is too low
I ordered more oil but I can't understand what is the real problem.
I Must say that is more easy remove complete transmission than t-case, so I think remove transmission another time .
to be honest I do not know what check, to solve the problem.
I tried also drain from the rear plug , that I don't know what is

Post #341090 7th Aug 2015 12:05am
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

The plugged hole at the back is there to provide access for inserting/removing the pivot pin for the park lock pawl

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It’s quite a way above the fluid level though so I don’t think it’s much use for draining the fluid from.

Phil

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #341146 7th Aug 2015 12:03pm
andrew.aa

at least I know what is ...but I'm very confused for trans drive mode problem and I don't know where look..and what wrong.Don't believe low level of fluid can cause a suddenly blockage...right Phil?
Output shaft seal have impressed an arrow for rotation, but output shaft can rotate on both direction, so can't understand why the arrow?
Can I test transmission without T-CASE?

Post #341149 7th Aug 2015 12:35pm
andrew.aa

T-CASE shift motor tested like follow..

transmision removed and I think too much metal scrap for a transmission with lower than a kilometer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwuJIrNHq...sp=sharing
so sometging wrong on iside ? or valve body?
Is possible if allow me to engage drive mode , reverse and neutral?

Post #341205 7th Aug 2015 8:15pm
andrew.aa

this morning I started to look what is wrong, so the first point to check is valve block, and I realized that the springs DA and DC are exchanged

Phil.
could this be the cause of promlema?
Can you kindly check the orifices are ok, because ATSG Manual is deifferent...

When Transmission will be refitted, I have to delete FAILSAFE message or what I have to do

Post #341267 8th Aug 2015 1:20pm
andrew.aa

after a complete check on to the valve block, I re-stripped the tower inside, and noticed a gascket missing. but I'm 100 % sure that was fitted..so now just can fit the old one, and try

Click image to enlarge

Post #341321 8th Aug 2015 9:38pm
andrew.aa

transmission fitted for the second time, but the problem is the same.
When go in drive mode at idle speed, engage is discontinuous, and if increase speed, car stop roughly, and no more movement. I have to shut off and restart to move the car.
I checked all parts for the second time and nothing seems to be wrong except above mentioned, and the problem is always here.
I think if trans engage 2st lost drive, because in manual mode and in 1st is ok.
If try to accellerate after stop roughly seems like handbrake engaged
Could be on the E-BRAKE the problem?
Can anyone help me..
UPDATE: As I told ATSG manual is different , and I haven't any reference, for valve body work, I did not know that the check valve on the red circle, must be upside down, for this reason asked above, if orifices etc, were ok

In fact,valve tip seems joke, Anyway, After extensive research realized that wich wrong point.
so the car have no more problem like yesterday , but still in filesafe prog, and now in 4st, exactly as before the job.
After too many test and work I have no more idea, for the problem, if anyone can help will be grateful..

Post #341824 11th Aug 2015 1:18pm
andrew.aa

This morning tried T-case shift motor, pressing central console button, dashboard indicate high range but yellow light blinking yet. so I had shut off engine and restart, and the light stays on. Pressing button to engage low range, and yellow blink, so again, restart engine and came ok.
Transmission the same story, like past days, in manual mode 1ST seems to be right , but in drive, D-1ST discontinuous, and for this reason failsafe program message came on

Post #341985 12th Aug 2015 10:08am
andrew.aa

just now the first test on the road and : I noticed the problem about shift fom 1st to 2st up shift only (down shift is ok) 1st 2st 3st 4st 5st and reverse are ok .
so in manual mode I can start in 1st when engage 2st seem to enter ''neutral'' for a moment and than take 2st. if decelerate and engage 2st at the same time, seems to be ok. all the rest in manual mode seems ok
In drive mode start in 1st and when engage the 2st seem go in ''neutral'' for a moment than came in failsafe and remain in 4st So up shift 1st to 2st is the problem.
Phil could please give an hope to me

Post #342060 12th Aug 2015 3:15pm
andrew.aa

after a short holiday, yesterday the restart to try solve transmission issue between 1st to 2nd gear, since in manual mode 2/3/4/5 and reverse was ok, so checked for E brake (engaged only in 2nd but nothing wrong, and for exclusion the freewheel (engaged in 1st and 2,1st gear)than a broken freewheel cage was culprit, I believe (I hope because no more patience)

the strange thing is that during my disassembly steps, the freewheel, had not been stripped, no reason to do
have to replace new check valves and wiring harness due a solenoid broken tongue

Post #345466 1st Sep 2015 11:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 14 <123 ... 91011 121314>