Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My week away
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

To be totally honest Alam _3 I will probably get grief for this but this is the most unusual forum experience I have had and have never come across anything like it , I can't work why I end up upsetting people on here but it's probably because I speak my mind and some peeps just can't deal with that but hey I am who I am and if people don't like what I have to say well it's the main reason I very rarely participate on threads on here as people are just to sensitive and could say more but best not as I would probably get banned.
It's a real shame because there are some very helpfull people on here but there are other people I have fallen out with but no point in going into detail as that would probably get me banned to.

The only way I can put it in my mind the forum is to strict and freedom of speech is not allowed but this is just my opinion , I am sure others will say I am talking rubbish but this is my personal experience Whistle

And who knows I might even get banned for this post but if that happens that's the way it is as I have no control over that !

The one thing I really meant to say I will be really gutted to see my dream car go as it has performed flawlessly for the time I have owned it Thumbs Up Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Life Sucks but ya just have to do the best you can with what you have !

Post #337881 19th Jul 2015 12:31am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Dave, no offence from my side either.

It's a real shame you're forced to sell, but look back at the past two years with happiness and don't move forward with regret.

We love the New Forest, too. Spent a lovely week there in April and are heading back next weekend with any luck. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #337896 19th Jul 2015 9:10am
BrianC

Scotland 

Don't take notice of what people think on here it's a forum not a social club Rolling Eyes
If you go for the t5 it's a great vehicle and can be far more practical/handy/great mpg and very comfy.
For me it's not a step down from a l322 at all it's just a different experience
I've had 2 plus taken a few others as Px selling my cars

Click image to enlarge

Post #337898 19th Jul 2015 9:39am
Muttley

Thanks Si
I always hoped we would of had a meet up for a coffee or something like that , really appreciate your comment there but I knew you didn't anyway Bow down
And the new forest is awesome , we both love it down there , one day I will get my dream of us moving down there Very Happy

Brian thank you for your comment as they make a lot of sense but through the bad experiences I just tend to read and not say a lot and the T5 is just what I want , mainly because I like the look and how much you can customise them , has to be auto and has to be long wheel base and most of all it can't run on satan juice , as an ex lorry driver I can't stand the smell and have had way to much spilt over me.

I am hoping to pick one up that has already been converted , the only problem here is most are set up for wheel chairs altho I have one using it kills me so its going to have to be a full size comfortable mobility buggy which will be second hand , Censored paying 5K for a new one when can pick them up for under a grand and has to have anchor points in the van strong enough so it can be strapped down and the list goes on and on :roll laugh:

Oh you might be able to help me here Brian , I have been told if the van has windows on the sides which I want anyway you get your full no claims but if it doesn't you don't , I don't know if this is true or not but one thing I do know is there is a lot of research to be done and selling Rodney which is proving to be hard work, thought I had a potential buyer on the forums but while away he found the one he wanted, I have put a shed load of money into this awesome car and whoever gets it is going to be well chuffed but finding a serious buyer who wants a 4.2 litre supercharged is not going to be easy but it will stay advertised where it is for a while and I have this horrible feeling it will end up going to a dealer ( no offence meant to the dealers on here ) , not sure but think it is against the rules to post a link to it so not going to take the chance, I was thinking about putting it on here but seeing other peoples experiences trying to sell there car I thought it best not to, just my opinion again Whistle

Oh the crazy thing I have recently sold a set of sc wheels to Dolphinboy ( totally robbed me on price hehe ) but was a pleasure to meet him and was a really nice chap Thumbs Up as I am under the impression they can go on a transporter

The funniest thing is I have really enjoyed putting this post together but as for the not wanting to offend I have lost count of the amount of times I have checked it to make sure I am not going to offend and not break any rules as with my photography forums I say what I like and have no fallout but hey thats the way it goes Whistle

Cheers Guys for the nice input

Dave Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Post #337904 19th Jul 2015 10:39am
BrianC

Scotland 

Not sure about the no claims but buying a genuine kombi helps to insure it with Normal car insurance companies. One thing I found when I nearly bought a shuttle was if it has more than 8 seats it's hard to get insurance. Try greenlight(needs to be modified-ie alloys or spoiler etc)
Yes the wheels will fit with a fitting kit (bolts/hub rings etc) the tyres will be to big and will look odd on a t5. Best to go for the range rover sport size as they are a better fit.
You get the t5 in a petrol but not very common. Not many people want the petrol so this might go in your favour. Have you drove the facelift 2.0 ? I had the 140bhp. Very fast and punchy, can be chipped to 180bhp safely or go for the 180bhp twin turbo

Post #337931 19th Jul 2015 12:07pm
Muttley

Thanks Brian , haven't driven any yet its all early stages at the moment but I like the sound of the 180bhp is that available in petrol do you know and don't like the shuttle Laughing

Have driven sprinters , transits , VW horrid luton type van but never a transporter.

Cheers

Dave Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad

Post #337934 19th Jul 2015 12:16pm
h20ruf

United Kingdom 

Have you sold yet Muttley?

Post #339221 26th Jul 2015 6:16pm
chawks

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

I had a transporter which I converted myself into a camper. I found that if the van had side windows and a bed of some description the insurance company class it as a camper rather than a commercial vehicle, you can then use any no claims gained from previous vehicle.

I live on the edge of the New Forest and agree it's a great place to be - so much to do especially if you love countryside pursuits. My house is up for sale - I'll knock the price of the FF off if you buy it Rolling with laughter

Post #339223 26th Jul 2015 6:40pm
Muttley

H20ruf , came very close on Friday but the guy texted me Saturday and said he wasn't sure , grrrrrrr !

Oh well , such is life Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad

Post #339243 26th Jul 2015 9:05pm
Muttley

chawks I would probably take you up on that offer but unfortunately I couldn't buy a place if I wanted to as we lost our house in the 80's recession and been on the council ever since so the only hope is an exchange or a miracle Laughing Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad

Post #339246 26th Jul 2015 9:09pm
chawks

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

It's becoming a ball ache dealing with agents, viewings and silly offers so I am thinking of keeping it and just renting it out. Majority of my neighbours are rental property and they are always occupied. Might just have to build a property portfolio to get my L405 sooner Very Happy

Post #339251 26th Jul 2015 9:37pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Best of luck selling the SC mate, hopefully you won't encounter to many time wasters or stupid offers.

Selling a car you love is never fun, especially not when it's been forced upon you by something out with your control. However, like others have said, at least you've had 2 years with your dream car Smile

I've driven a Transporter for work a couple of times, they're nicely composed vehicles. I was pleasantly surprised.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #339252 26th Jul 2015 9:52pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well i for one always take offence at your rambling's on this forum if it's not one thing at fault its something else .... Censored Censored Censored

And to be quite honest with you after reading through all the above posts i have decided that it would be in my best intentions to type this and noise you up at the same time ...

Sorry to hear Dave you are having to sell the SC bit of a ball buster that but you seem to have things planned out for the future and i hope it goes well for you ...

And on another note stop reiterating how you might upset folk on here and say the wrong things F Censored Censored K them , we are all big boys on here and if anyone takes offence well up em ....

So good luck on your sale and hope all goes well for you ...

PS... If anyone offends anyone on here it's me .... Laughing Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #339257 26th Jul 2015 10:13pm
Muttley

Chawks if you can you would probably be better off putting it up as a holiday let or long term rental, the only problem there is some look after your place and some don't , the place we rented on Barton-on-sea we stayed at last year and the owner used to allow pets and after a couple of bad experiences he stopped that and the only reason he let us have the place is because my wife always leaves the place cleaner then what we found it and the two hounds have never done any damage at home or away , we used to rent a massive house in Brokenhurst for at least five years but her prices got out of control which was a real shame but this place in Barton if perfect and was only found last year by chance, its a bungalow so ideal for me and the dogs as they are getting old but good luck with whichever way you decide to go , on a side note people want properties for nothing these days and I can only guess what you are going through !!

Dhallworth thank you very much for your comments and you are totally right but to be honest I don't think this guy was a time waster , I think he is just uncertain because one of the things he said didn't make sense = buying private you haven't got any come back but if you by from a dealer you have which in a way didn't make any sense coming to look at my car as he kept on saying how nice and well looked after it was and after the test drive where I said I would be driving and he had no problem with that they sat in my front room for nearly 2 hours him talking about the car and his partner talking about dogs and at the end of the conversation he said about offering me a grand less than the asking price and me being me said there is no way I am coming down a grand but hey I could go on and on about it but I have had some total idiots ringing up about the and I just have to laugh it off !

Joker you crack me up and thank you very much for your comments but to be honest in the past when I have joined in on someones post I never fail to upset someone so as that was the case I decided best not to get involved as in my opinion we all have our place in life , some are very well off and good luck to them and some like the people involved in this post that I have to admit I really didn't expect hardly any replies at all , I think my problem is I say what I think and some people just can't deal with this or they take offence to what I say so best off saying nothing but I have to add that I really appreciate the comments I have had so far and there are some really nice and helpful people on here but on the other side of the coin you have what I call the boys club that think they are the elite Whistle which I find amusing but hey yet again I could go on and on and be more specific but I see no point in doing that.

I just wanted to say a big thanks to all that have participated in this thread as it just goes to show there are some really nice and helpful people on here and in my own personal screwed up world that means a hell of a lot , Thankyou all Bow down Bow down Bow down Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad

Post #339277 27th Jul 2015 12:49am
h20ruf

United Kingdom 

Where is it advertised please?

Post #339281 27th Jul 2015 7:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>