Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Tesla
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I would bet the ones using it to play horsey or doing motorway trips all day are well outweighed by those using it for commuting less than 50miles a day.
And yes you could stick a towbar on it and tow up to its train weight but then its just like an FF that it will consume more juice to power that train along. Although when you brake you will recover more energy back where as an FF just wastes it as heat...

How many people would tow a horsey box behind a tesla or a tintent? those that get them tend to hotel and such i'd imagine.

The superchargers also give you upto 3hrs driving from a 30min charge... You gotta be doing an average of 20mph to cover 60miles in that time Wink (FYI their 30min charge provides around 170mile range)
https://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger
All are 4wd so that takes care of traction offroad(tyres dependent). Unless you cheap out and go for RWD only

Dont forget with a Fiska you'll have to carry around some marshmallows and a stick in your manbag Wink

https://www.teslamotors.com/modelx
Hmm yes its only a 4yr warranty on the whole car but would LR ever ever offer an 8yr unlimited mileage warranty on their drivetrain... I dont think so lol FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #361725 11th Dec 2015 4:10pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

I think more than a fair few will use the FFRRs/LRs to travel longer distances. Even if many don't do it often, many will want to use them for a holiday or road trip. It's what they do best. Thumbs Up

kingpleb wrote:
To be honest it depends on how the UI is setup and the processor on the back, i very much doubt its based on a cheap £100 tablet from ebay.

My complaint with them is not so much down to processor speed (though that is an issue), but very much the UI. Thumbs Up

For example, when my FL2 was written off, we were given a 2013 one on hire. To change tracks on an MP3 CD in my old one, I'd simply use the wheel to scroll through the folders, and press to select - very simple, very quick. It was most annoying, when to do the same on the 2013 one, I had to go through menus on the touchscreen, also having to interupt the navigation (which, admittedly, I rarely use), to do the same thing. The fact it was slow to respond added to the issue.

The thing is that I want the UI to be set up in a virtually permanent state (screen burn alert...). I want stereo and climate control controls to all be visible together, and to not interfere with each other. Once you've done that, you've pretty much lost any benefits of the touchscreen, so a reliable, tactile button is then always better, IMO. Thumbs Up

miggit wrote:
By using a screen they can run most of the wiring in thin wire and save on cost, but there is a flip side, in a simple system with a micro switch you still need a relay to turn on the item, and now you have twice as much to go wrong....... add a screen into the mix and you'll have to add an interface as well so that's 3 things to go wrong.... and so on, I have yet to come across a single switch in my ffrr that actually acts directly on the item that its' switching...... is it any wonder why these cars can be a nightmare when the electrical gremlins get a foot in the door ?

Trouble here would be that running higher current/voltage wires around the vehicle would likely mean more interference and electrical issues. It's always the 12v braking systems that cause trouble, and hell do they cause trouble! Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #361728 11th Dec 2015 4:23pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Shocked Shocked 12v braking system Shocked Shocked No thank you.........

Brake by wire was the biggest cause of F1 failure this year I thinks.... they'll have to do a lot better than that to get me driving one Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #361730 11th Dec 2015 4:28pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Brake by wire should be a Bowden Cable not a bit of copper Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #361731 11th Dec 2015 4:29pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Not brake-by-wire, but just the switch, bulb and ABS electrical circuits. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #361732 11th Dec 2015 4:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234