Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > What a good place to sit.........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 

Very Touching , Eh it's a car you get in , drive , get out park , Rolling Eyes nearly bringing a tear to my mates glass eye .......... Whistle

Post #2384 16th Jan 2009 10:02am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

kin wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:

Out of interest, if you had to pick fault with the RR, what would it be?
What I'm about to say, I will get flame for it, I am actually disappointed with the FFRR ride, I was expecting air cushioned ride quality it doesn't absorb bumps and potholes as well, there're many other cars which could do better

Put a set of 18" on and the standard 255/60/18 typres, the ride is absolutely fantastic - rides out the bumps like an ocean going liner. Low profiles are not condusive to ride comfort. Remember the old classic RR - the standard tyre profile on these was 80 - as was most cars at the time....

I noticed a huge change going from 18 to 19"

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #2385 16th Jan 2009 11:15am
Soupdragon

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

The ride quality of a RR is always going to be a bit of a compromise I suppose, even with programmable air suspension, as it has to have lots of articulation for off-road but still return a smooth ride on tarmac. I think it does a good job of this. It's certainly light years ahead of my old P38 which in many respects was a poor car and not worthy of the RR crown; it wallowed like a three-legged cow in a sandpit!

Mick is right; it is a car but I can't help but like and respect it's enormous capabilities. I like the quote about the tears falling from a glass eye, not heard that before. Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Post #2386 16th Jan 2009 11:29am
Robert_it

Italy 

Sorry guys but I'll have to "but" in....

Comparing the FFRR to a Jaguar? a Citroen DS? or what about a classic RR Silver Shadow Question Question Question

We all own a 5000 LBS. TRUCK !!!!! build like a TANK (I know see my post with the ICE Sad Big Cry )
It is fantastic off road and drives like a limousine on the road. The only Four Wheeler which is classic enough to Park in front of Hotel Ritz. It don't coner like a lotus Exige, It doesn't float like a Mercedes Maybach and it certainly not as beautifully as a Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. BUT hey..... That's not why we bought it Exclamation

Start compare the ride quality with a Mercedes ML, BMW X5, VW Tuareg, Lexus (something 400?) or Toyota Land cruiser, Nissan patrol, Mitsubishi pajero, Prado , Tahoe, Yukon ..

I sooo much agree with the fact.... This is a nice place to be. Bow down

Nice weekend to everyone.

Robert 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2387 16th Jan 2009 12:26pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Robert any news whens she back Thumbs Up

Post #2388 16th Jan 2009 12:30pm
Robert_it

Italy 

HI Ken,

Was going to PM you anyway today.. got my wheels yesterday afternoon and they are beautiful, one little chip on one (transport damage - used as spare) Thanks a lot.
I think I made a real bargain there Thumbs Up

I did hold the LR dealer off in fixing my car and only asked for the windscreen to be replaced until I was certain that the Insurance would pick up the bill, as you know there is 2 ways to fix the car. By the dealer - BIG $ - or your self = small'ish $ -

I did though loose my Patience with the Italian system and asked them Wednesday morning to proceed, and this morning I got a phone call from the Insurance company stating that the other party is liable... Laughing Very Happy

It should be ready early next week?

I will post a picture or two when it is done (maybe even with your wheels on?) 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2389 16th Jan 2009 12:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12