Home > Technical (L322) > 3.6 tdv8 no boost, no power, only revs to 3000rpm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Wk52RR

England 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green
3.6 tdv8 no boost, no power, only revs to 3000rpm

Hi all,

Just bought a 3.6 tdv8 Range Rover with a boost issue. Had 2 new turbos and from then no boost and limp mode. No codes stored at all no lights. Starts instantly. Revs fine when in park but in drive, sport or manual it only revs to 3000rpm if in manual mode I can’t force it pass 3000rpm it automatically changes up.

Looking at live data I have bank 1 MAF reading between 13,000 and 21,000 and bank 2 MAF is reading about 60,000.
When driving bank 2 gets up to about 100,000 and then starts to drop to 80,000 when continuing to rev whereas bank 1 will go up to 190,000 when driving under load. I can’t find what the readings should be at idle or under load. Tried disconnecting both MAFs and I could barely get it to go above idle so they are doing something.

No leaks in any of the upper intercooler pipes and have not checked the lower hoses yet. I have found a large split in the vacuum elbow that goes to the centre of the intake infront of the oil filter.

Boost actuators don’t seem to move much with increased revs. Map pressure was equal on both banks however I forgot to record it when I went for a drive. I can’t hear any hissing at all from the engine even when someone else revs it.

I’ve read a few posts on here including a 18 page post that sounded similar to this.

Anyone got any ideas?

Post #646234 22nd Oct 2022 8:37pm
Wk52RR

England 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

Done some digging around today and found the passenger side turbo actuator not working at all. Plug is connected but no noise of a motor trying to work.

Post #646318 23rd Oct 2022 5:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1