Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rear Passenger door will not unlock with keyfob
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Declan303

Ireland 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
Rear Passenger door will not unlock with keyfob

When I unlock the Rangie, the rear passenger dorr does not pop its button nor does it even try. Once I unlock the car I can open the door from the inside as the button pops when I pull on the inside door lever. I took the door card off to have a look but nothing really to see. You can feel and hear the mechanism unlocking but button does not pop or even look or feel like it is trying so I guess something wrong inside the mechanism. Can these be opened up and fixed or id I have to go looking for one, what exactly am I looking for as regards part numbers etc. I read a thread on here where others had similar problem and dowsed wd40 into the mechanism, but tried that and still nothing. Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #390555 7th Jun 2016 3:39pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Is your childlock not activated on that door

Post #390557 7th Jun 2016 3:58pm
Declan303

No checked that, Same as far side that does open. As I say, I can open it from inside so not child lock Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #390571 7th Jun 2016 4:49pm
EmiratesA380

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Declan303 - here you go - theirs not much we don't know on here

DOOR LATCHES
The side door latches are sealed units that incorporate separate actuators for locking and superlocking the doors.

Each door latch also incorporates a Hall effect sensor that operates as an ajar switch to provide a door status signal for the CJB.
The driver's door latch incorporates two additional Hall effect sensors to provide signals of lock and unlock selections made with the smart key emergency key blade in the door lock. Turning the top of the emergency key blade rearwards sends a lock signal and turning the top of the emergency key blade forwards sends an unlock signal.

The driver's and front passenger door latches communicate with the CJB via their respective door modules and the medium speed CAN (controller area network) bus.
The rear door latches are connected to the front door modules via a LIN (local interconnect network) bus connection.
On all doors the door ajar Hall sensors are connected directly to the CJB.

Each of the door latches is mechanically connected to a locking button in the top of the door trim panel.

Pressing the locking button down when the door is closed disengages the exterior handle from the door latch to lock the door.
Pulling on the interior handle extends the locking button from the door trim again and re-engages the exterior handle with the door latch, to unlock the door. A second pull on the interior door handle opens the door latch. On all except the driver's door, the doors can be slam locked after pressing the button down while the door is open. For lockout protection, the driver's door locking button cannot be pressed down when the driver door is open.

CLS SWITCH

The CLS switch is a non latching push switch installed between the center face vents on the instrument panel, below the hazard warning switch. The CLS switch allows occupants to centrally lock the vehicle without arming the alarm. When the CLS switch is pressed, a battery voltage signal is connected to the CJB.

SYSTEM OPERATION
The locking system allows the doors and fuel filler door to be centrally locked and unlocked using the CLS switch, the driver's door lock and the smart key.
The system has two locking states: locked and superlocked. Locking the vehicle from inside using the CLS switch puts the system into the locked state. Locking the vehicle from the outside using the driver's door lock or the smart key puts the vehicle into the superlocked state.

When the vehicle is locked, the CJB:
Energizes the lock actuators in the side door latches to disengage the external door handles from the latches.
Energizes the fuel filler door actuator to extend the locking pin to secure the filler door (all except NAS).
Ignores inputs from the upper tailgate external release switch.

The CJB will lock the vehicle regardless of the ignition status. The upper tailgate internal release switch remains enabled and individual side doors can be unlocked using the internal door handle. From the locked state, the vehicle can be centrally unlocked using the CLS switch, the smart key or the driver's door lock.

When the vehicle is superlocked
the CJB:
Energizes the lock and the superlock actuators in the side door latches to disengage both the internal and the external door handles from the latches.
Energizes the fuel filler door actuator to extend the locking pin to secure the filler door (all except NAS).

Ignores inputs from both the external and the internal release switches of the upper tailgate.
Ignores inputs from the CLS switch.
The CJB will only superlock the vehicle after the ignition is off and the driver's door has opened. From the superlocked state, the vehicle can be centrally unlocked using the smart key or the driver's door lock.

Repetition Blocking
To protect the door latch actuators the CJB incorporates a repetition blocking feature. The CJB increments an internal counter by one each time an actuation occurs and decrements the counter by one every 8 seconds.

If the counter exceeds 15, the CJB blocks further unlocking commands until the counter returns to 15 or less. The block is ignored if the CJB receives a crash signal or the system goes from superlocked

OK you got the above now the best bit:

SYMPTON:

Pin Point TESTS 1.

Click image to enlarge

Pin point TESTS 2

I hope this is of help to you as I know what its like with Children - "SAFE DOORS ARE A MUST FOR SAFETY" - Best wishes Declan303

"THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT SAFETY - TOGETHER WE HAVE GREAT SAFE CARS - The Mighty Range Rover" - FACT Thumbs Up

Post #390587 7th Jun 2016 6:52pm
Declan303

Hi EmiratesA380,
That is a mighty piece of info, thank you, and from reading it, I figure that built into the latch, there are two actuators. From that, it would appear that the superlocking actuator is working fine but the normal locking actuator is not. Are these latches sealed units or can they be opened to further investigate what might be wrong. And other question of course is anyone know how to test the actuator electrically just in case its a wiring issue and not the actuator itself. Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #390665 8th Jun 2016 12:16am
EmiratesA380

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Hey Declan303

From what is worth I would just open her up and put in a brand new latch & motor unit - they will not be much just ensure its OE.

Its one of those things - just replace with new parts and don't bodge up old stuff - it either works or not

Its fairly easy to take one out.

1. Raise the rear door window glass fully up
2. Disconnect the door speaker electrical connector.
3. Remove the rear door inner weather shield. ( ensure you have clean hands - LEATHER !!! )
Remove the push button rod from the rear door latch - you will see a cable that's linked to a arm
Release the clip
Remove the rod
4. Then Disconnect/unplug the rear door latch electrical connector block ( check the position so when it goes back )

5. Then Release the door latch assembly.
Then remove 3 screws that hold;d it in place ( don't round the heads ) - apply small amount of lock paste when refitting from what I know I think the torque value of these screws will be around 10MN - NO MORE !!!!! ( yeh just do to 10 NM - that will be fine ~)

6. Release the door lock cylinder cable from the door latch
7. Carefully Remove the door latch assembly from inside

Just go careful and film when your taking apart if in any doubt - so you can replay back

Oh to answer your question THEY ARE SEALED so cannot be played about with - water tight and all that

Again Declan303 - I hope this is of some help to you - Best wishes A380

Post #390699 8th Jun 2016 9:20am
Declan303

Great help, thanks again. Thumbs Up Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #390869 9th Jun 2016 1:51am
Declan303

Anyone got a wiring diagram for the door locks so I can test it before buying a new one just in case its a wiring problem. Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #392137 18th Jun 2016 11:32am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Declan, do it sooner rather than later sir... Once the latch fails locked you;; be into cutting things open Shocked

Post #392140 18th Jun 2016 11:48am
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Don't bother fiddling about with it. I had to replace both rears on my td6...... It'll be the latch.... Fit a new one...... Quick as Craig says....

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #392150 18th Jun 2016 12:53pm
Declan303

Is LR013381 the correct part number of what needs to be replaced. rear passenger side door. I happened to look on ebay and found Range Rover L322 03-09 Left Driver Side REAR Door Lock Latch Actuator CWC500090 so a bit confused Question Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #392173 18th Jun 2016 5:21pm
Declan303

Anyone know is the latch and the actuator two seperate part numbers or are they all the one unit? Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #392326 20th Jun 2016 11:20am
Declan303

Got sorted, pulled the latch/activator out and part number is CWC000111 which apparently is superseded by LR013381 so new one ordered. Hope the old one holds out till it arrives Rolling Eyes Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #392371 20th Jun 2016 5:43pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Leave it unplugged until the new one arrives Thumbs Up

Lock that door manually Thumbs Up

(i think that will work Confused )

Post #392399 20th Jun 2016 7:58pm
Declan303

Yeah good idea, I didn't think of that. Might just open it again and pull the plug off Thumbs Up Declan
2003 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8
97 Defender 90 300 TDi

Post #392449 21st Jun 2016 3:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>