Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Battery issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CharlieBaja

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Battery issues

So last night when I left work for home the RR would not start, battery turned it over once or twice but then nothing. I got it jump started easily off a old Ford focus so I knew there was some power in it!

Now during the evening all I used on it was the sound system plugged into the phono jack without the engine on. So my question is this , why did I loose so much power for it not to be able for it to start. Oh and it was about 8 degrees last night.

So the vehicle in question is a 2007 TDV8 and coincidentally i was on 99997 miles, so was it a warning to say i wont last past this now and will start going wrong?? There is a saying is that once they go past a 100K they start to break ! Or is it it just that my alternator is on its way out. The battery is less than 10 months old and is a YUSASA 900A.

Post #408753 11th Oct 2016 10:03am
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

range rovers have a habit of doing stupid thing's, when you were using your sound system half of the car would still be awake putting drain on the battery, if you have a relatively battery and no battery warning light I would be more inclined to suggest a battery drain somewhere

you can go to most battery suppliers and ask to have the battery tested for confirmation it's good

Post #408881 11th Oct 2016 9:52pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

2007 TDV8's have weak alternators - thread here

That said - it sounds more like battery drain - you can do very little with the engine off before you've lost enough juice to prevent it starting.

A jump pack like a Floureon would be a good investment - thread here Thumbs Up

Post #408889 11th Oct 2016 10:18pm
hiramk

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black

my battery seemed weird for over a year, just seemed to only just start the engine. although it past all the tests at the dealer. Then it let me down, jumped it and was OK for weeks then of course let me done again. Jumped it got me home and booked it in. Had to jump it to get to the dealers and then it tested faulty. I just put it done to sediment shorting the plates. No problems now and turns over with ease.

Post #409167 13th Oct 2016 5:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1