Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Finally Arrived.... egr emulators....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

LL, is your FFRR remapped? ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #433148 29th Mar 2017 9:24pm
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 
Re: Finally Arrived.... egr emulators....

lazylabs wrote:
Click image to enlarge

After 2 month delay these bad boys finally turned up.

Been interested to see what they are like. Time for some data capturing... Smile

Please don't think im criticizing your work and its great to see people removing the egr crap however ideally wouldn't you also fit blanking block off plates to seal the egr's closed, Otherwise your just assuming they are fully closed and not leaking at all?

Dave 2010 TDV8 Autobiography

Past - 02 & 03 TD6 And an 1984 Classic

GAP Diagnostics

Post #433250 30th Mar 2017 6:22pm
rar110

Dave
I have thought about it and asked the same question. The best way to do that is on the exhaust side. But as the exhaust side of the emulator is not that accessible and it works ok as is, no one seems to bother.

There are a lot more of these emulators fitted to 2.7 tdv6 D3/D4/RRS LRs. ______________________________

Post #433283 30th Mar 2017 10:05pm
Mikeinatruck

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

I am intrigued by these, not seen them in the UK, we cant just block them as the ECM goes nuts, So it must be getting a return signal from something? I would have thought this would effect the fuel injection rate and timing?

I will be interested to see what your long term testing comes up with. Certainly seems to be a better option than remapping though a remap can be fine tuned to each engine.. 2018 L405 Autobiograpghy
----------------------------------
Still got..
2010 Range Rover Vogue SE
Buckingham Blue TDV8.
----------------------------------
2011 Mitsubishi L200.

Post #434533 10th Apr 2017 10:37pm
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 

rar110 wrote:
Dave
I have thought about it and asked the same question. The best way to do that is on the exhaust side. But as the exhaust side of the emulator is not that accessible and it works ok as is, no one seems to bother.

There are a lot more of these emulators fitted to 2.7 tdv6 D3/D4/RRS LRs.

Im going to block of the egr from where it starts at the back of each exhaust manifold... i have the 10mm plate ready to go just have to find the time... ill take pics etc when done. Ive had a good look and dont think it will be impossible but wish me luck all the same

I already have them mapped out as part of my bas remap so no codes etc.. all good

Another interesting thing to note (and another thing the emulator people don't seem to think about what so ever) is bas remaps say you really must remove the egr butterfly's also... I can only assume he says this as there is no way to be 100% sure what position they are on and you dont want to be putting pressure against one that is half closed as it might eventually break off and cause all sorts of issues... I am going to also remove mine real soon. He stressed this point with me like no tomorrow!!

Many people refer to them as throttle bodies but i don't believe there is any throttle body on the 3.6TDV8

Anyway when i complete my one ill do a proper post about it as to me it seems many people are doing a half job with the egr removal hoping it is 100% closed off and safe to use

GAP Diagnostics

Post #460943 15th Dec 2017 4:03pm
bembo449

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

surely a remap with a delete is just as easy and you get more power etc ?

Post #460954 15th Dec 2017 6:28pm
rar110

G’day Dave
I look forward to the pics.

BAS also emphasised to me that butterfy valves must be removed if disabling the EGR, and couldn’t understand how my engine was operating with the EGRs unplugged and disabled in the closed position. The emulator designer advised the AULRO forum that when he did testing on the tdv8 3.6 and tdv6 2.7 the butterflies barely moved and didn’t close. Here’s what he said:
“I started the idea of the emulators about 3 years ago and one thing i was lead to believe was that the IMT (Inlet manifold tuning valve) or butterfly closed when the EGR's are open to restrict incoming air and only draw on the exhaust gas.

What i have found in testing is that the IMT rarely moves from about 12% open, even when the EGR valves are fully open, and instead causes a mixing of the gas, a bit like a swirl valve.

The engine always seems quieter at idle. it just sounds nicer. I think this is due to the fact that at idle the valves are open to about 85-95% and then work their way back to closed.

I have tested the warm up strategy over and over again and it is a minimal amount of time extra on the warm up without the valves. ”

But I’m starting to wonder if UK D3s in particular are tuned differently. ______________________________

Post #460982 15th Dec 2017 9:53pm
rar110

I should add that emulators have been fitted to my 3.6 for about 20,000km without any dramas. I’ve been very happy with the product. And to be clear, I have no connection to the owner/developer of this product, only as a purchaser. ______________________________

Post #460984 15th Dec 2017 10:03pm
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 

bembo449 wrote:

It's crazy... people are often paying as much even more for the emulators!

GAP Diagnostics

Post #461008 16th Dec 2017 3:44am
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 

rar110 wrote:
I should add that emulators have been fitted to my 3.6 for about 20,000km without any dramas. I’ve been very happy with the product. And to be clear, I have no connection to the owner/developer of this product, only as a purchaser.

I guess if it is quite at idle they must be mostly closed..., That's interesting about the butterfly post which i had not read.. thanks for that

It just seems to me that the egr removal situation is more than just this or just that and most owners do not understand what is going on... For me personally the butterfly's must go as they are a redundant component doing nothing but could be a potential problem.. and at the same time can only be restrictive, I don't think they will be hard to remove.. will take pics.. seems not many people have done them

As a side note when my map was been built and were going back and forth with Bas remaps.. we first did the egr blanking /closed positions before the remap so i got to notice the quieter sound of the engine straight away and drove the car with the main egr valve closed and noticed how much quieter it was... how much less throttle input i had to use to achieve the same acceleration.. different machine altogether .. as you would know

Another thing i have noticed as funny as it sounds is people getting confused between egr and dpf's Smile

Thank god i do not have dpf's Razz

GAP Diagnostics

Post #461009 16th Dec 2017 3:56am
bembo449

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

Bluegreygreen Rangie wrote:
bembo449 wrote:

It's crazy... people are often paying as much even more for the emulators!

Dave

I could understand if the emulators were like £30 a pair Dave but clearly they are not , each to their own I guess but all my derv cars get a map & EGR ? DPF delete

Post #461017 16th Dec 2017 10:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12