Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Limp Mode - Manifold pressure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Not sure if this helps or not but an oservation from mine which seems to have an identical fault to Andy.
Since having the fault written out of the map I've noticed that at both places on the road where I could have almost guaranteed that the fault would show I can detect the gearbox changing down. I didn't notice this before, probably because it was bonging and going into limp home mode. This down change isn't due to kick down, it is on a steady throttle going up hill.
Could be a red herring but perhaps it might give someone with more knowledge than me a clue?

Post #540761 16th Jan 2020 2:13pm
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

So it’s in two parts then. The 5% increments are when idling?. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #540762 16th Jan 2020 2:16pm
Andy

cass wrote:
Not sure if this helps or not but an oservation from mine which seems to have an identical fault to Andy.
Since having the fault written out of the map I've noticed that at both places on the road where I could have almost guaranteed that the fault would show I can detect the gearbox changing down. I didn't notice this before, probably because it was bonging and going into limp home mode. This down change isn't due to kick down, it is on a steady throttle going up hill.
Could be a red herring but perhaps it might give someone with more knowledge than me a clue?

“Funny you should say that” moment. I’ve noticed the same thing. I can almost say when it’s going to bong these days. The transmission seems to give a little blip before the inevitable happens. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #540764 16th Jan 2020 2:18pm
Nick591

United Kingdom 

I too have been developing an increasing feeling that the fault condition might be related to gearbox function. Although fortunately (tempting fate) it hardly ever does it now I have developed a driving style which never sees me keeping the throttle pedal in a steady position when accelerating or going up a hill. Previously a 2008MY Tonga Green Vogue SE 3.6 TDV8

Post #540806 16th Jan 2020 8:52pm
Andy

I think mine has become less frequent due to driving style as well 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #540834 17th Jan 2020 1:16am
leusfx

L322 Range Rover 3.6L TDV8: turbocharger actuator arm corrosion
In May 2011, Land Rover issued Service Bulletin SSM49537 for Land Rover L322 Range Rover vehicles that had 3.6L TDV8 engines. In these vehicles, the turbocharger actuator arm pivot points could corrode and cause a full or partial seizure of the actuator arm mechanism. If this occurred, the vehicle may exhibit the following symptoms:

A loss of engine power;
llumination of the Check Engine Lamp (CEL); and,
Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) for turbocharger boost pressure faults.

To fix, Land Rover released actuator service kits so that the entire turbocharger did not have to be replaced.

Post #558788 24th Jun 2020 12:20am
Andy

Do you have a copy of the bulletin and parts required? 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #558855 24th Jun 2020 4:47pm
leusfx

see attached

Click image to enlarge

Post #558935 25th Jun 2020 1:22am
Andy

So an update:
A local Indy has suggested I remove the remap as he is convinced it’s a software glitch. He said if it was a boost leak it would do it every time I drove it and not once a week under little to no load.
He claims he has the original LR map with a patch to stop the restricted performance which LR have identified as being present when cold.
Trouble is, if I remove the map, I run the real risk of the EML coming on due to inactive EGRs now functioning against blanking plates. They are currently digitally mapped out.
It’s worth 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #564126 10th Aug 2020 5:28pm
leusfx

You have the TDV8 3.6 with no DPF and with ZF6, right?
I would not worry about going back to original remap while keeping your valves blanked. If you have a DPF it is more complicated and I would not touch them.
It is a common practice that original file is backed up before remap. Check you have it. Your ECU can be flashed up to 10x then it needs to be replaced, bear in mind.
Before you do that however I would inspect myself:

1] Any oil/ dirty grease area on both inlet manifolds?
2] Any oil/ dirty grease on intake manifold plenum chamber? Can you remove and inspect intake manifold plenum chamber from back side?
3] Any oil/ dirty grease on the throttle bodies?
4] Intake manifold plenum chamber runner control actuator vacuum house connected?
5] How about intake manifold plenum chamber rear houses - any oil?
Everything is pristine clean?

Post #564187 11th Aug 2020 11:46am
Andy

All of the above is clean. There’s no set frequency to when it faults. I can go days and maybe 150 miles and it won’t fault at all. Then once it faults it’ll do it daily for say a week then stop again. It’s bizarre 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #564190 11th Aug 2020 12:17pm
leusfx

Hi, I see now you have got the TDV8 with DPF and ZF 8 HP transmission!? Going back to original remap and EGR ON would be worth to try. BTW who did a remap for you?

Post #564197 11th Aug 2020 1:08pm
Andy

No. Mine is a 3.6 with 6 speed and no DPF. I don’t know who did the map as it was on when we bought the car. Previous owner didn’t do it (or so he says). 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #564200 11th Aug 2020 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345