Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > One to avoid....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
One to avoid....

Just bought 4 x20" Michelin Diamaris tyres off eBay and I got them couriered up from Hertfordshire, using this company. They state next day delivery, so I submitted the order to them, requesting collection on 1st Feb. They sub-contract the collection out to fedEx, who made no attempt to collect on the 1st stating address not found. They miraculously found it next day, but couldn't gain access as the place they were collecting from was closed for lunch. I'd mentioned this fact to the Courier when I placed the order, but he claims he never got the message.
Anyway, they collected on the 3rd and delivered on the 4th, effectively 3 days late. I emailed the courier and told him I wasn't happy and asked for a refund, but he declined. I've now submitted a claim through PayPal. We'll see what happens. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49108 6th Feb 2011 6:35pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I always use www.interparcel.com, they are cheap, but as with all couriers they can be a bit hit and miss! 

Post #49110 6th Feb 2011 6:40pm
Andy

I wouldnt mind, but when I called them, I was told that the "next working day" statement was just an estimate and not accurate! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49112 6th Feb 2011 6:59pm
Nickj

2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I've found all couriers very eratic!!

Last edited by Nickj on 6th Feb 2011 10:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #49129 6th Feb 2011 8:02pm
Dogman

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Unfortunately Couriers 'Next Day, Before 10:30, Before Midday' etc are in the same boat as the common builder's 'Estimate'......will be in the region of the stated date/time/cost if you have a following wind and a lot of luck (not that all builders are like that or all couriers are unreliable...)

Worst we have used are parcelfarce, never had anything delivered on time & intact...when they did hit the date & time some of the contents were missing!

Post #49139 6th Feb 2011 9:48pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Buckingham Blue

I used DCS when I bought some wheels from nbunney - seemed fine to me and very pleased with the cost.

You'd have to ask Nigel if they were ok his side....

Post #49264 7th Feb 2011 7:03pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Any tried the Disco3 forum Courier service? It seems to work very well and is very cheap....................... 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49267 7th Feb 2011 7:14pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Spot on this side

Well as I was at work, that's what my Mrs said Whistle

Post #49272 7th Feb 2011 7:42pm
Andy

Well, I've submitted a paypal dispute and was offered a £10 refund, which I declined. The courier has now escalated it to a claim and his statement to Paypal is full of lies!
He stated that they couldn't collect on the 1st as their driver had already done his rounds. On the tracking site however, it says "address not found". When I questioned this initially, he blamed FedEx.
Then, he states that no special instructions were given to him YET I specifically mentioned on the order form that the collection address was closed between 1230 and 2pm. He claims the text box is blank, yet in his email to me he states that they can only see one line of text due to their software!
What concerns me is if Paypal go in his favour. They haven't asked me for any documentation yet. I can show the email correspondence between us and his failure to reply to my last email. I can no longer add any comments to the dispute comments either. The emails will show his lack of response and effort.
They make a decision on the 18th, so we'll see. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49548 10th Feb 2011 12:34am
M44K TS

England 

Might be worth giving Paypal a ring to add all the extra info, I'm sure they have a contact number on their website, I'm sure it's in Ireland too. 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #49549 10th Feb 2011 12:45am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I tried complaining to paypal about a courier once, but they said their protection only covers goods - not services Sad 

Post #49563 10th Feb 2011 9:58am
Andy

If that's the case Dan, they shouldnt show it as an option in the drop down box on the dispute page. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49639 10th Feb 2011 9:14pm
Andy

Well, what can I say- Paypal suck big time!

I've jsut called them and after seven minutes tacking an automated system, I was told that services arent covered! WTF?
Obviously, the seller knows this so thats why he uses them.
I've now closed my Paypal account and won't use them again. The agent I spoke to was very rude and seemd to side with the seller.

Its no wonder there are websites like www.paypalsucks.com. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49703 11th Feb 2011 1:13pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I have had some excellent courier services using the on-line booking facilities for the big names in the business - DHL/Fed-Ex etc who have come to my house miles from the depot to collect even a small package of documents or in one case 4 wheels and tyres. Best collection from DHL was a 2.5kgs box service they have. They collected 2 used exhaust tips from my house and sent by 7days delivery to a small village in the Italian Dolomites, and they arrived at the recipient's address in 60 hours door to door and when I tracked the package it had changed drivers twice between my house and the nearest airport depot and then 5 drivers had shifted it within Italy! For £20 it was a bargain when you think how many people had to be paid to move that small parcel! I've also had some very good services from the Post Office courier service. Paypal wasn't used once - just paid by credit card 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49710 11th Feb 2011 1:43pm
Andy

Direct Courier Solutions sub it out to Fedex.

On the tracking form, they stated they couldn't locate the address on the date I requested. However, in the PayPal resolution Centre, he states his driver had already done the rounds for that day, so thats the first lie.

Then, next day they turned up at 1pm so obviously Direct Courier Solutions didn't tell them of my special instructions. Direct Courier Solutions told PayPal I hadn't left any instructions with them- another lie.

On Day 3, they finally managed to collect the tyres and delivered them on the 4th.

Yet PayPal see nothing wrong with this and cannot refund me! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #49714 11th Feb 2011 2:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>