Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rover All Comm GROUP BUY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
Rover All Comm GROUP BUY

Guys
I don't currently have a RAC as mine is stuck in customs but I've spoken via email to Storey and he has set up a group buy for us. Its open for 2 weeks and limited to the first 20people. By all accounts the RAC is the must have tool for the serious FFRR owner. The RAC works on the 2002-2005 pre facelift cars currently. The link for the group buy is http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?opti...;Itemid=81 think it's 20% discount but will work out cheaper due to exchange rate. Mine came in about £160 with P&p [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #75486 10th Aug 2011 8:47am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Why aren't more gadgets available for later models - I knew I should have bought that TD6.

Twice the gadgets
Twice the mileage
Half the price
Half the performance

Whistle Geoff

Post #75488 10th Aug 2011 9:02am
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

I think it's obvious! The old ones are superior! Lol. No think the newer systems are harder to integrate with so harder to produce. I'm sure Storey had updates planned with might include newer models but he asked me to specifically state it currently only works with the older models. Stan an Dan might be able to shed more light as they helped Storey develop the RAC. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #75489 10th Aug 2011 9:09am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

If you're in the south west I'd be happy to let you try out my RAC unit... Or if you cover my petrol I will supercharge it to you one evening (within reason!)

I will be testing it on my 2006 over the next few days and will advise which features work and which don't. 

Post #75496 10th Aug 2011 10:45am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

supershuttle wrote:
Why aren't more gadgets available for later models - I knew I should have bought that TD6.

Twice the gadgets
Twice the mileage
Half the price
Half the performance

Whistle

Gadgets for the later L322 2006-09 Cool

I've already been in touch w/ Martin (site admin) for commercial posting rights - but it seems he's on holiday Big Cry . Will do an extensive post here as soon as I can.

For now a quick description and links - and above all: we need beta testers - please contact me if interested!

- the IIDTool is a full fledged diagnostic system- and less than the size of a cigarette pack! At the moment the IIDTool does fault reading and clearing in all systems and has very extensive component testing/live data and programming capabilities for the EAS (better than the OEM T4 and IDS systems the dealers use actually). We will be adding numerous systems later this fall and eventually hope to have a system that is better than all other systems in its capabilities - and much easier to use/more portable/and (above all) much faster. You can clear a fault in less time than it takes to boot the computer on all the other systems. And all beta buyers will be updated for free (postage charges will have to be paid but the unit is barely more than the size and weight of a box of matches).

- the EASControl is designed as a very advanced lowering/raising module. You reset the heights in the EAS ECU. And on early L322's (sorry shuttle Laughing ), you can reset the heights individually - that is off-road +20mm, standard -10mm, and motorway -30mm. This capability will be added for later ffrr's and the RRS/D3 this fall as well. Diagnostics is limited to fault read/clear. Same here too, btw, betas get updated for the cost of postage.

Here's another informative thread: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46827

And for the lazy couch potatoes, grab a lager and look through these:

Activation/unlock

Entering/navigating the menu

Fault clearing IIDTool

Changing height settings EASControl (works on the IIDTool as well)

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #75505 10th Aug 2011 11:57am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I take it that you cant use this to edit the CCM to enable/disbale certain functions, like destination entry on the move and such like?

Post #75509 10th Aug 2011 12:11pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Ohoh. I should've seen this coming. Sorry Rob - didn't intend to hijack your thread Embarassed

Kingpleb, at the moment, programming is limited to the EAS. We are going to do an update in fall (betas update for the cost of postage) in which we hope to have a good portion of the other systems covered. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #75513 10th Aug 2011 12:30pm
algt2

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

This looks great! can’t wait to see more!!

Post #76496 16th Aug 2011 5:22pm
ric355

So has anyone bought one of these recently? My order was picked up in the US on 11th August and I've been watching it slowly make its way across the world, sit in UK customs for two days, and finally see it "at the post office" this morning. Now it has status "Item being held, addressee being notified" because there are some charges due.

Does anyone know which carrier it comes via once it hits the UK? The tracking is with USPS, so I don't think phoning them is going to help.

I f****g hate international deliveries. They're a pain in the butt.

No doubt I'll have to wait for someone to snail mail me a letter listing the charges.

Post #77093 22nd Aug 2011 4:08pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I think ParcelFarce are the UK agents. It took a few days for mine to arrive and then about 2 weeks in Customs. I had to chase them to pay the charges and I never received a letter from them... 

Post #77099 22nd Aug 2011 4:58pm
ric355

Dan, huge thanks for that reply. I put my USPS tracking number into the parcelfarce website and got a hit. It's at the aldershot depot. Will give them a call to sort it out Thumbs Up

Post #77105 22nd Aug 2011 5:53pm
ric355

Being delivered tomorrow Thumbs Up

Post #77108 22nd Aug 2011 6:02pm
daveym

United Arab Emirates 

Mine got delivered last week by parcel force - like others here i was tracking it thinking its taking bloomin ages to get here. I finally got a letter from parcelforce askng me to pay the £8 odd customs charge, which i duly paid then it arrived the next day.

I couldn't wait to try it out when i got it and i've got to say i'm impressed so far. I had one question and i emailed storey who promptly replied. I'm waiting for the body control function and lighting function to reactivated by storey to have even more control over the car.

Post #77109 22nd Aug 2011 6:07pm
mrd1990

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

Just ordered one Thumbs Up

thanks

Post #77548 25th Aug 2011 3:16pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

supershuttle wrote:

Twice the gadgets
Twice the mileage
Half the price
Half the performance

Whistle

I have a TD6 and i still cant get a unit like this.... Sad

Post #77919 28th Aug 2011 12:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>