Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 05> Satnav - routing useless!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue
05> Satnav - routing useless!

Hi Everyone

I've got the new disc (09/10) for my >05 satnav and having just done a 1000 round trip to scotland and back from leicestershire I can genuinely say the routing is rubbish.

It seemed to be stuck fast on the M6 route regardless - waypoints etc all in vain.

I wanted to travel up the A1 (and did so - ignored it!) and it constantly was re-routing back over to the M1 and then the M6/M74 route. Even when past newcastle it wanted to take different routes and would only go on the A1 when entering berwick as a waypoint.

It's just as though the A1(M) isn't classified in the same league as M1/M6/M74 - which I know it's not, but it REALLY didn't like using it.

Anyone else found this? Even when using the 3 route option when getting it to calculate it really wasn't giving me decent routes.

I go up to scotland (to see my mum and dad) regularly (prob 5 or 6 times/yr) so know the routes like the back of my hand.

On the plus side, the TMC worked spot-on and was very accurate... FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #10154 30th Dec 2009 9:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1