Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Less camouflage, More Rangie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

LR are making 21" wheels available for the drop top Evoque - seems an old size so why not 22"? Evoque has had 20" wheels as standard on Dynamic models since launch, mine was delivered on launch day on the same style as the photos and they have also been available since launch in anthracite (aka Shadow chrome) since launch. For the winter I have been running my Evoque on 19" Styel 3 with Pirelli Ice and snow tyres rather than the 20's with Craptinental Summer tyres, huge reduction in road noise.
Couple of points -
1) those Evoque wing mirrors generate a huge amount of wind noise on Evoque so I hope they do some aerodynamic work on the A pillar/ wing mirror gap to reduce it before they launch the L405.
2) The PTC heater is crap, don't know whether it is due to the "smart" alternator(read energy saving) that decides how much load the battery can have, but on cold days I am really glad I specced the heated steering wheel to go with the heated seats. There is no park heat option on the Evoque yet.
3)Apart from that it's been a fantastic car so far, not one squeak or rattle unlike all my other RR's but fuel efficiency is still in the RR class, it doesn't come anywhere near the claimed official figures, I'm struggling to get 36mpg against the claimed 45mpg in the combined cycle. On previous RR's I have always managed to get very close to the official claimed combined cycle figure from new. I have 4700 miles on my Evqoue and would have expected to show some improvement by now.
4) The side vents on the Evoque are both dummies, the intake is on the left side under the bonnet lip on the wing top at the foot of the windscreen, this gives it the same wading dept as a Defender 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 25th Feb 2012 1:03pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #109309 25th Feb 2012 12:54pm
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

The lower part is quite small indeed. I see to way for it to make sense:

- First, it is in fact as small as the pics show, but electrically swivels as the top part electrical raises, à la RRS/Evoque.

- The lower part is actually taller than visible with the top part overlapping it, allowing a flap to sit on/drop luggage, while offering a large "umbrella" Thumbs Up

Post #109310 25th Feb 2012 12:54pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Hi Tim..Good to see you back on the REAL forum again!!! Laughing also glad to hear the Evoque is behaving itself and your still enjoying it...seems ages since the Gleneagles event,look forward to catching up with you again sometime soon Thumbs Up

Post #109314 25th Feb 2012 1:05pm
Slick

United Kingdom 

the camo on the lights is lying to us..... if you look at the rear image on the auto express site the brake light is shineing in the top circle and in the 'U' shaped cut out below it so it might still have similar lights to the l322 Ebay - solves all your problems Very Happy

Post #109334 25th Feb 2012 2:30pm

United Kingdom 

Agree, looks like the wrap around Evoque style lights is a bit of stuck on camo to me, especially on the back.

I can't imagine that the lower part of the tailgate will be a short X5 style one. A proper tailgate that you can stand on when at the races for a better view or to put your picnic on is just one of those RR things that make up its DNA. I think there is stuck on camo again that is disguising the shut lines in the middle of the tailgate.

Post #109358 25th Feb 2012 6:31pm
montpellier

I think it looks OK, ad will be a great step forward with the weight reduction. Hope ICE is improved as even the 2012 Sport, has a touch screen from the ark, and is impossible to use safely.

Post #109374 25th Feb 2012 8:07pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Comfortable seats would also be appreciated ...current ones have very little padding depth and are poor for the car it is IMO Neutral

Post #109375 25th Feb 2012 8:13pm
Java Jungle

Monaco 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Nara Bronze

Don't you guys think it looks a bit too long?

JJ

Post #109409 26th Feb 2012 1:37am
Roverdawg

United States 

Does less camouflage at this stage translate to an unveiling at Geneva or is that just wishful thinking on my part? Slightly off topic here's a photo of the RR Evoque Convertible on the streets of London. Thoughts? http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/02/25/spotted...in-london/

Post #109415 26th Feb 2012 5:28am
Contraband

Scotland 

Lots of talk on wheels and size. I'll bet when released, the wheels are nothing like they are in the photos. Why cammo the car and then let it out with production wheels?! I like the smoother front end. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #109428 26th Feb 2012 10:32am
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Roverdawg wrote:
Does less camouflage at this stage translate to an unveiling at Geneva

From what I have been told, there will be a FF replacement prototype indroduced at the show indeed.

Contraband wrote:
Lots of talk on wheels and size. I'll bet when released, the wheels are nothing like they are in the photos

Contraband, we were not talking about the final style itself, of course it will be different, were were only wondering about the rim diameter.
PPP vehicles are indeed tested with same specs wheels as production cars. (ie: alloy used, with, diameter, off set and so on)

Post #109438 26th Feb 2012 11:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123