Home > Technical (L322) > Air Suspension Issue tonight
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue
Air Suspension Issue tonight

Hi Everyone

When I got in the car tonight to go out (suspension was in access height) I got a message on the dash saying 'suspension lowered'. On the centre console height adjuster knob both the access height and standard height LEDs were lit - no others.

After a few seconds both of these LEDs went out and then no LEDs were on the display at all.

The car didn't get out of access height for the whole of my 10 mile drive and during the drive I stopped, switched it all off and then all back on again - no difference.

Then, after standing for 3 hrs I got back in to come home again and it sorted itself out - raising to standard height.

So - any ideas? Why did it do this? Dealer visit to have the ECU read for faults? FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #10906 10th Jan 2010 10:40pm
robbo770

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

more than likely the big freeze!, the level system will switch off if it times out if no change is detected to stop it frying the pump etc, so you could have a bit of moisture in the air system, nothing uncommon, I am in scotland and my RR does some funny things in the winter till shes hot and the rest of the systems see the heat transfer,

worth a look under you drivers front sill, ensure all your wiring is not rusty etc.

Post #10909 11th Jan 2010 12:02am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

similar problem with my suspension recently except it stayed in normal driving position but you couldnt adjust it, had it plugged in to clear the fault since then no problem Very Happy i reckon it was the extreme cold, but my spare wheel well did have some water in it and that is where the compressor is situated Thumbs Up

Post #11059 13th Jan 2010 10:51pm
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Well, codes read from the suspension ECU yesterday and the steering angle sensor had a fault stored.

They recalibrated it and cleared the code - so we'll see now. FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #11075 14th Jan 2010 9:27am
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

A lot of these issues can be cured by updating the software in the air suspension ecu, especially on pre 2005 vehicles, as it allows the parameters to be widened before setting a fault code.
When the cold snap started we saw a lot of vehicles that disabled the suspension, a reflash & recalibration solved them.

Regards
Steve

Post #11292 19th Jan 2010 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1