Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Upgraded my intravee II last night...now got extras!! :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 
Upgraded my intravee II last night...now got extras!! :)

Liking the fact I can have my doors autolock and mirros fold in when I lock the car up for the night from the intravee menu.

Lots of other good stuff in there and it also now means I don't need to bother with upgrading the DVD SATNAV player, just get it fixed and get rid of that supid inline power switch!!

My auto-electrician is coming to fit the Audio into the boot as I'm really struggling for time, bu the kits all here and the screens in the headrests look good!!

But looks like I have digital, DVD, and music, all possible to be separate. I'm not sure if I need the Alpine eyes or the HEAD UNIT can manage the DVD player for me with the latest beta software now on.

Almost there, should be sorted by end of weekend. Thumbs Up all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #111185 6th Mar 2012 1:16pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

pics please sir.... Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #111199 6th Mar 2012 2:28pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

I'll pop some up later when back in the car of the menu items.

the audio isn't fully fitted yet.

I'll show a part state of that, but it aint' pretty!! lol all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #111205 6th Mar 2012 3:37pm
cliffy

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Gonna update mine at the weekend any tips or tricks mate??

Post #111475 7th Mar 2012 1:59pm
cliffy

Done mine wat a bit of kit, luv the wing mirror featuer and the locking and the PDC settings r brill

Post #112285 10th Mar 2012 7:05pm
cliffy

The iPod controls r so much better and I have the cd changer so impressed with it

I've got it set now to fold on locking and unfold when the ignition accessory goes on

I also like the car program options u get on the update to

Post #112337 10th Mar 2012 11:42pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

So my rear headrest screens are in and I've got it all sitting in the boot to be installed, final pics and write up to do but I'll get some pics up Friday afternoon probably......

Loving my folding mirrors and autolock of doors. I've not played with the PDC cliffy, what does it change?

So I seem to have DVD-DivX Changer, Digital TV and Ipod all going through the front tv, rear screens and coming out of headphones and my audio system.

Only bummer is that the LEAR amp is broken again, seesm the power pin has coroded and broke, so not sure whats the best fix for that. Ebay has a new amp at 250 quid but I would rather do a better amp and new speakers etc if I was going to buy an AMP. Thoughts???? all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #113024 14th Mar 2012 2:05pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Sorry to ask such basic questions (and I have done a search), but what's involved in updating Intravee?

Is it download to a laptop and connect via a cable?

And how do you get Intravee's setup menu?

Numpty questions, but as I've only just worked out how to construct a playlist on my iPod, thought it better to ask first rather than break the thing.

And very much looking forward to seeing your pictures!! Thumbs Up Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #113041 14th Mar 2012 4:07pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Thats ok mate, I don't think it's a widely covered topic here.

An Intravee II is updated via a USB->9pin serial cable (Maplins 20 quid - however you'll need to take off the little screws either side of the serial port on the intravee II). To get the software you need to goto the intravee forum and register or email the admin to regoster and they will register your product and get you on the list and provide access to a hidden library where you'll be able to download the zip file which has an image inside it of the latest software. You'll need to use hyperterm or terminal type software which they can provide but it's basically a one line command to update it after you open the image. You'll need the driver for the cable otherwise you'll not have the COM port on your PC setup properly, it's usually in the box. Do the setup without the intravee connected to your PC. Also you'll need to do it all in the car so get a laptop and put the stuff on it first and then take that into the car and use the update procedure. It's actually all documented in the guides on the intravee forum when you register you'll get access.

The guys on the intravee forum are top notch and helped me realise that I needed my satnav to work with the base 5.x version of the software but it's now on 6.02 beta I think so doesn'#t need the satnav modeul and does all sorts of cool stuff with the tv module now showing the interface.

The car setup options can be done using commands in the hyperterm (terminal) software if you're a pc geek like me or you can do them all in the setup menu on the screen once you've updated it to the latest software version 6.02

You'll be able to set the mirrors, locks and pdc and other functions in the menu on the headunit or terminal software after you've done the update.

Hope that helps clear things up thats it's not just for your ipod, altho thats cool too!! Wink all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #113052 14th Mar 2012 6:44pm
RichardP

CUE99T wrote:
Only bummer is that the LEAR amp is broken again, seesm the power pin has coroded and broke, so not sure whats the best fix for that. Ebay has a new amp at 250 quid but I would rather do a better amp and new speakers etc if I was going to buy an AMP. Thoughts????

I don't know if it's of any interest, but if you are considering replacing the DSP amp the Intravee is hopefully soon going to have full support for the Alpine PXA-H100. When the PXA-H100 is detected the Intravee will emulate the DSP amp and map the controls for things like the equaliser settings and profile presets onto those for the PAX-H100.

There are a couple of features that the DSP amp has that are not supported by the PXA-H100, Room and Echo, but these are not used much.

The PXA-H100 has quite a few extra features, for example you can set up the distance that each speaker is from the listener so that the sound stage is in the right place.

You'd also need an amp, or three, with this system, but it's an option for people who want to keep an OEM look and feel but use more modern technology.

Post #113055 14th Mar 2012 6:51pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

cheers Richard, good post.

Whats the cost of one of those AMPS then? all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #113056 14th Mar 2012 6:53pm
RichardP

The PXA-H100 is not an amp, it's a signal processor. You would input the signal from the factory radio into the PXA-H100, then feed its outputs to various amps. It has 6 channels of output, L+R for front and rear and Sub L+R.

The list price is around the £150 mark, plus you'd need at least an amp (or multiple amps) with 6 channels, probably one 4 channel and 1 2 channel.

Post #113060 14th Mar 2012 7:08pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I don't want to interrupt the flow but just wanted to say this is truly excellent information! Bow down Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #113062 14th Mar 2012 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1