Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 2006 Facelift
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mrwoo

United Kingdom 
2006 Facelift

Very quick questions guys of which I can get an answer quite quickly.

I am going to look at Range Rover this afternoon which is on an 05 plate, I was wondering what month does the vehicle have to be registered in order for it to be a geniune 06 facelift with the new fibre optics etc?

I'm sure that I read that this happened in 2005 not 2006?

Post #14252 3rd Mar 2010 12:38pm
JOKER

Scotland 

If it was registered after March 05 it should be the facelift model ....... Thumbs Up

Improvements for 2006 include Jaguar rather than BMW V8s: supercharged 400bhp, 560Nm torque 4.2 and 305bhp 4.4 non-supercharged; new front grille, bumper, lights and alloy wheels; interior improvements; adaptive headlights, tyre pressure monitoring and touch-screen satnav. Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #14253 3rd Mar 2010 12:48pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 

MICK wrote:
If it was registered after March 05 it should be the facelift model ....... Thumbs Up

Thats brilliant thanks Mick,

Is there any changes to the post March 05 (06 facelift) that are worth waiting for in later registered vehicles? Or were all the improvements included in the post March 05 model? Thumbs Up

Post #14254 3rd Mar 2010 12:55pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

No major changes from that point until the TDV8 was launched in 2006 and along with it, a newer interior layout.

You'll quickly know if your car is a facelift one, look for rounded headlights rather than the old square versions.

Facelift:

Non Facelift

Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #14256 3rd Mar 2010 1:26pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 

I have been to have a look at the following today and I'm just a bit dubious on whether it's a 06 facelift? The vehicle was registered in May 2005 post the 06 facelift registration date of March 2005. The vehicle has the touch screen Sat Nav but I thought the front end looked a bit odd? The front bumper has a flat surface running along the top whereas the 06 models I have seen have a slight recess. As shown in the facelift model posted by RRUK? I also noticed that the indicator and side light pods have a vertical divider between them and the main headlights, unlike the 06 model?

Any help in nailing this is much appreciated, can anyone convince me if this is not an 06 model whether it is still a good buy or not and whether there is anything from a reliability point that should make me wait for an 06 instead?

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z197/mr...age211.jpg
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z197/mr...age203.jpg

Post #14270 3rd Mar 2010 8:13pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

mrwoo wrote:
I have been to have a look at the following today and I'm just a bit dubious on whether it's a 06 facelift? The vehicle was registered in May 2005 post the 06 facelift registration date of March 2005. The vehicle has the touch screen Sat Nav but I thought the front end looked a bit odd? The front bumper has a flat surface running along the top whereas the 06 models I have seen have a slight recess. As shown in the facelift model posted by RRUK? I also noticed that the indicator and side light pods have a vertical divider between them and the main headlights, unlike the 06 model?

Any help in nailing this is much appreciated, can anyone convince me if this is not an 06 model whether it is still a good buy or not and whether there is anything from a reliability point that should make me wait for an 06 instead?

Thats NOT a full facelift car! Just before the facelift they introduced the touch screen nav into the PRE Facelift car for about 6 months.

The Facelift car has a dipped bumper, the new grille (The one in the pictures is an after market grille that covers part of the old lights) and very importantly a Jaguar engine and 6-speed auto box!!!

Open the bonnet on that car and you will see a BMW engine. The Jag Engine is much higher up and has a gret plastic design on top of it.

Do NOT BUY if your after a facelift car..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #14271 3rd Mar 2010 8:21pm
simonmanx

Isle Of Man 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Unless im corrected if it has satnav tv with the 3 hard buttons either side then its fibre optic model with bluetooth etc produced supplied 05 and is a face lift model but this can be argued that face lift is meant by the new grill and lights etc which was classed as tho 06 model which was late 05 supplied but when i was looking i found a few so called facelift 05 models that did not have the fibre optics ie new satnav and i found them to have had the ebay face lift treatment to change the exterior look

Post #14273 3rd Mar 2010 8:27pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 

Gazellio wrote:
mrwoo wrote:

Thats NOT a full facelift car! Just before the facelift they introduced the touch screen nav into the PRE Facelift car for about 6 months.

The Facelift car has a dipped bumper, the new grille (The one in the pictures is an after market grille that covers part of the old lights) and very importantly a Jaguar engine and 6-speed auto box!!!

Open the bonnet on that car and you will see a BMW engine. The Jag Engine is much higher up and has a gret plastic design on top of it.

Do NOT BUY if your after a facelift car..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thanks for that.

Are all the TD6 engines BMW? Before the TDV8 was introduced.

Post #14274 3rd Mar 2010 8:33pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

simonmanx@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
Unless im corrected if it has satnav tv with the 3 hard buttons either side then its fibre optic model with bluetooth etc produced supplied 05 and is a face lift model but this can be argued that face lift is meant by the new grill and lights etc which was classed as tho 06 model which was late 05 supplied but when i was looking i found a few so called facelift 05 models that did not have the fibre optics ie new satnav and i found them to have had the ebay face lift treatment to change the exterior look

In terms of selling these cars they are normally advertised as:

a) TOUCH SCREEN NAV model (The Fibre Optics car but without facelift & BMW Engine - 54 and some 05 Models)

b) FACELIFT 2006 MY ( The fully face lifted car with Jaguar Engine & 6-speed box - 05 & 55 +)

Post #14275 3rd Mar 2010 8:34pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Yes the the TD6 is BMW (Even in 2006MY Facelift Diesels) and the 2007 MY TDV8 JAGUAR (No Jaguar TD6)

Post #14277 3rd Mar 2010 8:36pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 

Gazellio wrote:
Yes the the TD6 is BMW (Even in 2006MY Facelift Diesels) and the 2007 MY TDV8 JAGUAR (No Jaguar TD6)

It sounds to me like its very much worth the wait for a TDV8 over a TD6, did they ever put the 6 speed box on the TD6 or was this part of the TDV8 package?

Post #14279 3rd Mar 2010 8:48pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Just to confirm:

That car is NON facelift with the touch screen satnav (just like my dad's car.

the difference is, its had an ebay aftermarket grille put on that masks the square headlights to make it look like a facelift ( a nifty trick).

if you want a true facelift car, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE.

Look for these additional points:

Rear lights: Clear over red as opposed to amber over red (some have been swapped)

Rear roof Satnav pod/aerial (sadly you can buy fake ones)

Reversing camera under the top rear tailgate (not seen this faked or retrofit yet)

Alloys: Although not ideal, standard alloys are different dependent on model, unless they've been swapped.

Keep looking.... Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #14294 3rd Mar 2010 11:22pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
Just to confirm:

That car is NON facelift with the touch screen satnav (just like my dad's car.

the difference is, its had an ebay aftermarket grille put on that masks the square headlights to make it look like a facelift ( a nifty trick).

if you want a true facelift car, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE.

Look for these additional points:

Rear lights: Clear over red as opposed to amber over red (some have been swapped)

Rear roof Satnav pod/aerial (sadly you can buy fake ones)

Reversing camera under the top rear tailgate (not seen this faked or retrofit yet)

Alloys: Although not ideal, standard alloys are different dependent on model, unless they've been swapped.

Keep looking....

Thanks Guys....you saved me from making an expensive mistake!

Post #14310 4th Mar 2010 12:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1