Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Tdv8 starter glitch.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pfazz

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Tdv8 starter glitch.

Hi all, I have had my 61 plate TDV8 for a month now and a couple issues have arisen, first off every once in a while pressing the starter only results in a single click and no starter engagement, when this happens it sometimes does it 5 one 6 times before the starter engages and then all is well for maybe 2 or 3 days. The other problem I have is again sporadic, after maybe 20 minutes driving time the SRS warning light will come on and stay on until the engine is stopped and restarted. Again this doesn't always happen and although It is in for 1st service on Monday I was worried the dealer may not be able to replicate these faults. What I want to know really is will history of these show up on the diagnostic computer at the dealers and has anyone else had similar occurrences. I've just remembered the park heater doesn't work either when I set the timer or try to switch on with the remote. Seems it might be a long day on Monday. Agueroooooooooo. 93-20
I swear you will never see anything like this ever again....watch it..drink it in.

Post #142353 21st Sep 2012 2:32pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

If i was you i'd use your phone to record them as evidence as some faults can self clear and leave no evidence.

If the dealer is on your way to work or route when the SRS light comes on maybe drive there and phone and ask one of them to come out and witness it Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #142358 21st Sep 2012 3:41pm
Pfazz

Just a quick update on the original post, after collecting the car after service dealer put both faults down to slightly low battery volts and charged battery for a couple of hours, this did not seem correct as the SRS light was coming on after 20 minutes or so driving time when the system volts would be relatively high also the starter problem would sometimes occur after a run. Sure enough after a day or so the faults showed up again and while the SRS light was on I went into the hidden menu and found system volts reading 14.4 vdc. Booked the car in again and on the way to the dealer the light appeared again so left the engine running whilst booking the car in so the could test with the fault showing.
Just had a call to say they have found a faulty sensor on the SRS system and the starter fault is a dodgy starter motor, a new one is being delivered over night so Iam hoping my troubles ar over for now. Laughing Laughing Laughing Agueroooooooooo. 93-20
I swear you will never see anything like this ever again....watch it..drink it in.

Post #146084 12th Oct 2012 10:01am
Simes

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

The annoying thing is that they thought you stupid enough to be satisfied with their first ridiculous diagnosis. If the volts were low, then charging the battery isn't the answer - finding out why they are low and fixing the root cause is the answer.

Cowboys.

Post #146160 12th Oct 2012 2:36pm
Pfazz

Simes wrote:
The annoying thing is that they thought you stupid enough to be satisfied with their first ridiculous diagnosis. If the volts were low, then charging the battery isn't the answer - finding out why they are low and fixing the root cause is the answer.

Cowboys.

They put the low volts down to me using the car for predominantly short journeys and at the time I had to except that until I could tell differently. I've dealt with DC control systems for the last twenty years so I know my way around them a little but it's no use arguing with a service receptionist whilst having no actual ammunition. The fact that they thought it ok to pay £60.000 for a car that won't cope with short trips seemed to pass them by though! Agueroooooooooo. 93-20

Post #146221 13th Oct 2012 8:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1