Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Photos and Video > Welney Land Rover flood driver was 'irresponsible'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

What a fantastic video showing just how capable an early pre electronics defender can be love it Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #154838 2nd Dec 2012 1:23am
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Classic "how not to enter deep water" in the police video. Rolling with laughter

Just for info, I have driven a P38 rangie with no snorkel through water just slightly lower than the defender video, up to bonnet level, with no problems, so it can be done. The trick (as I am sure you guys all know already) is to enter slowly, maintain high revs and a steady speed....... Don't decelerate!!

.....not think, " it's alright, I've got me blues and twos on so I'm invincible ....." (With apologies to NOddy and the other decent policemen who habituate this patch Thumbs Up )

Post #154839 2nd Dec 2012 1:27am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I suppose the response may be indicative of the type of country we live in where, the government and authorities think they know better than the populus as a whole. So naturally they assume that the chap has no idea what he is doing and will get stuck. In this case they were wrong.

However where i there is a stretch of road which floods on a regular basis, i have on occasion had to pull/push people out of a foot of water after they have decided their z4 bmw etc will go underwater. Only a couple of months ago i encountered 3council workers and 2 coppers staring a rover 25 sitting in 9" Of water scratching their heads.

The car was blocking the lane when i came up behind it. Seeing that nothing was happening, i solutioned the problem by putting my wellies on and pushing it out of the way. The fact that any if the counil worker was also wearing suitable foot wear seemed to be lost on them....... There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #154845 2nd Dec 2012 8:30am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Interesting videos.

To be honest, I'd never have gone that deep in my 300 Tdi 110 for that long. Snorkel, maybe, but I assume he had fully sealed the pipework and extended his gearbox and axle breathers? A lot can happen after the event without that.

But assuming he'd done the above, then I don't see why it's 'irresponsible' other than because many idiots see that video and then think they can do the same in lesser vehicles. But that's not the Defender driver's fault.

I did feel sorry for the Police in that second video. OK, so it was a silly thing to do, but the jeering afterwards made me feel embarrassed. It just made one silly act equalled by some very immature comments, especially when posted on a public website. I've seen an identical Police van get horribly stuck in our village during one bad snow episode. Yes, they were silly for even attempting it, but they deserved help and some support as it's the decent thing to do. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #154853 2nd Dec 2012 10:08am
Contraband

Scotland 

Any driver that slows down then charges at a flooded road is not someone that should be driving other people about in conditions like that. It's nothing to do with the fact he was a policeman, any driver would have been ridiculed for being such an arse! Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #154866 2nd Dec 2012 11:07am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Dolphinboy wrote:
Classic "how not to enter deep water" in the police video. Rolling with laughter

Just for info, I have driven a P38 rangie with no snorkel through water just slightly lower than the defender video, up to bonnet level, with no problems, so it can be done. The trick (as I am sure you guys all know already) is to enter slowly, maintain high revs and a steady speed....... Don't decelerate!!

.....not think, " it's alright, I've got me blues and twos on so I'm invincible ....." (With apologies to NOddy and the other decent policemen who habituate this patch Thumbs Up )

I hate to say it, but your Range Rover has been through water about 6 inches shallower than that! Embarassed

Sheep 

Post #154871 2nd Dec 2012 11:46am
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

WHAAAAAAAATTT!!!! Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Censored Censored Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Dan, you and me need to have a serious talk!! you told me it was only 2 careful owners and one was an old lady!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up

Post #154951 2nd Dec 2012 9:40pm
SATVC

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

The police didn't metion the fastrac tractor being irresponsible???

Well done those lads, great effort!

Post #154963 2nd Dec 2012 10:24pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Well yesterday I had water upto bonnet level on the rangey for about 20seconds at corwen car wash. I tend to prefer sticking to lower revs than high ones as the engines taking in less air then so if anything happens its less likely to cause damage and with a td6 is more likely to starve the engine of air before damage ensues! FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #154983 2nd Dec 2012 11:59pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well all i can say is when we went to Salisbury plain it was fabulous fun, and i mean brilliant! But, i would not go the same route on my own because that would be IMHO irresponsible!

Mores the point, i would think it even more stupid if i were to put myself in that position when the local emergency services were stretched to their limits!

If they had to be rescued due to unforseen circumstances (taking the emergency services away from your pregnant wife or elderly parents) then maybe you would think differently...

No offence meant but there is a time and place for everything...

Craig Thumbs Up

Post #154993 3rd Dec 2012 1:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12