Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Yet another FBH question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Yet another FBH question

I've bought a new T91 remote control. Lovely looking thing it is too. I've got the chance to buy a t60 receiver from a German ebayer and I was wondering whether the new remote will pair with the older receiver? Thanks in advance[/u] 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #157139 13th Dec 2012 10:48am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

AFAIK, no. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #157185 13th Dec 2012 1:15pm
Andy

Ah.. thats torn it.

So what remote IS compatible with a T60 (apart from the obvious T60 which I haven't seen for sale).

I've just called my local dealer and they say the heat function can't be enabled in the menu! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #157203 13th Dec 2012 2:18pm
Andy

Anyone? 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #157287 13th Dec 2012 9:08pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Would it not be better to get the Aux Heat available in the menu first ?.........

......or will the remote system work without Park Heat activated ?

If it won't, you could end up investing time and money on the remote side when it may not work anyway......

I'd get it activated in the menu as a bit of a confidence booster, if you see what I mean...... 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #157289 13th Dec 2012 9:24pm
Andy

I phoned 3 dealers today- all of them said they couldn't enable it in settings. Weird. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #157320 14th Dec 2012 12:40am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Noddy, I have posted this before. Dealers can enable this - most of them do not know their systems well enough to know where to look, tho. And you do not want to be the one to pay for them to try. If you do not want to spring for an IIDTool (and that really is fine Razz ), find someone (most likely an indy) with a Blackbox Faultmate and a VIN unlocked license or an Autologic - or keep phoning dealers. Sooner or later you are bound to find one who actually knows more than just the standard poop. Not having the nav screen available also makes things a bit difficult as you will not be able to see if your activation worked properly...

Activating the park heat function is not so easy - you need to activate in more than one system and you need to have your cluster reboot before it will work. AFAIK the only 4 systems available to activate park heat are:
- OEM LR T4/IDS/SDD
- Autologic
- BBS Fauktmate
- IIDTool

As I've also posted before, you can make the Telestart T80/90 work in your RR as long as you have a matched sender/receiver (and it is not a receiver designed to work with a W-bus signal but rather a simple 12V signal to fire the FBH). The plug in your vehicle is for a T60, though, and you will need to adapt the 3 wires. For this, you will need to find a wiring diagram for whatever receiver you have (T80 or 90) and make the proper connections in some way shape or form - be it with solder or stripping the wires and scotch taping them into place - or finding the correct plug. This is all not an issue for someone experienced in auto electrics.

The simple route is to purchase a plug and play T60 kit complete, and... plug and play. These are not readily available used in the UK, you can find them on ebay.de:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_nkw=webasto...;_from=R40
If the seller accepts Paypal you have nearly no risk. And if you need help translating any correspondence (such as asking how much additional shipping is to the UK), PM me and I will try to help you ASAP. Google translate also works quite well. Just copy and paste what the seller is telling you and copy and paste what you want to tell the seller.
Here are 3 prime kits for you:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/T60-Webasto-Telesta...2a26eceae5
http://www.ebay.de/itm/T60-Webasto-Telesta...2a26ed02b1
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Webasto-Telesta...337e79d141

I sincerely hope this helps and we can finally gt you on your way pre heating your RR! Laughing 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #157326 14th Dec 2012 9:06am
Andy

I've already seen those on eBay. I emailed them but they won't ship to the UK. I managed to get the screen to come on last night but it went off again, so it is a loose/corroded wire somewhere.

I would buy a IIDTool but £300 is a bit steep considering I've already "invested" in the RAC Allcomms. I'm thinking of getting rid of it so any money from that will part fund a IIDTool

I'll ring a few Indys today. Dealers are clearly clueless around here! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #157333 14th Dec 2012 10:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1