Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Nokian WR G2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver
Nokian WR G2

I have the NOKIAN WR G2 on my wifes Tiguan and they are amazing in all conditions encounterd so far. We live in a VERY icy road and the grip is better than anything I have previously tried (Inc the excellent Vreds). They are quiet and grippy in the dry and are probably the best you can get in the snow. I guess that's why half of Finland use them year round and they are only £196 free delivery @ Oponeo which is where I bought mine: Thumbs Up

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-finder/4x4-wi...255-55-r19

Full choice @ Oponeo

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-finder/4x4-winter-tyres-255-55-r19

Nokian wrote:
http://www.nokiantires.com/faq#general : If you want true winter performance but do not want to change your tires in the summer, then our All-Weather-Plus tires, like the WRG2 or WR, is your only option. We invented the All Weather Tire category when we launched our WRG2. It is a true winter tire that can be used year-round and provides excellent performance in any weather.

If you have only moderate and periodic winter, an all season tire like our eNTYRE may be a great choice. Because it was designed in Finland, this tire does have better winter grip properties than other comparable all season tires.

We also have a line of economical winter tires that we market under the Nordman brand. These are created using the previous generation Hakkapeliitta molds and represent a phenomenal price to value ratio.

All of the above are available in both passenger and SUV fitments. Use the Tire Selector on our site to see which options fit your vehicle.

What does "All Weather" tire really mean?
Nokian invented the All Weather tire category with the introduction of the WR/WRG2. Designed as a winter tire first, this tire can be used year-round and still provides class leading winter grip. Further, unlike other winter tires it will not be damaged if driven during the summer months.

Are the Nokian WRG2/WRG2 SUVs Winter tires or All Season tires?
We refer to them as All Weather tires, not All Season tires. Whereas All Season tires are best suited for spring, summer, and fall and can handle some winter conditions, the WRG2 and WRG2 SUV are true winter tires that can also be used during the rest of the year. This differs from winter-specific tires that should not be driven in the warmer months due to excessive treadwear.

What does a "Low Rolling Resistance Tire" mean?
Low rolling resistance refers to the actual energy needed to keep an object rolling. Think of the difference between a marble and a foam ball. If rolled on a hard surface with the same forward force, a marble is harder and will roll easier and further than the foam ball.

A tire with low rolling resistance requires less energy to keep moving down the road thereby saving you money in lower fuel costs. A rolling resistance reduced by 40 percent saves 6 percent of fuel consumption and produces less CO2 emissions. Low rolling resistance tires can be achieved through tread pattern, tire compound, weight, and construction materials. Nokian does not compromise ride quality or safety in the interest of achieving low rolling resistance.

Which Nokian tires feature Low Rolling Resistance?
In Finland, where gas is about $7 a gallon, Low Rolling Resistance tires are not a new trend. Nokian has been designing it into our tires for years in order to save consumers money and minimize emissions from their vehicles.

We can confidently say that we have done more research in this area than many of our competitors and also have the most comprehensive line of Low Rolling Resistance winter tires (we incorporate the technology into our summer tires too). Sidewall deformation is the biggest inhibitor to rolling resistance not tread pattern, so winter tires don't necessarily need to have bad rolling resistance.

Our tire with the least rolling resistance is the Hakkapeliitta R, a true winter tire that out rolls many competitors' all season "fuel efficient" tires.

Nokian's WR G2 is also an environmentally friendly low rolling resistance tire. The range of Nokian WR G2 is the largest All Weather tire program in the trade, with 67 sizes from 14 inches (speed index T) to 20 inches (speed index W with 270 km/h maximum speed).

Fabulous tread pattern and 10mm of tread:

Post #158099 17th Dec 2012 7:35pm
T24RES

United Kingdom 

Shame, no standard 20 tyre size Big Cry

Post #158464 19th Dec 2012 11:24am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Buy a cheap set of 19" rims as there are loads available Thumbs Up

Post #158476 19th Dec 2012 12:20pm
T24RES

United Kingdom 

I do hear you Gazellio, however my pennies have gone west on a week-end toy. Whistle

Post #158499 19th Dec 2012 2:08pm
JOKER

Scotland 

On Commission then Gaz Laughing Laughing Wink

Post #158502 19th Dec 2012 2:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1