Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Brake Discs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ChrisR

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green
Brake Discs

Wondered if its worth fitting upgraded discs to the FFRR or should I stick to original pattern? Anyone got any advice?

My 05 4.4 will be needing new front discs shortly.

Cheers

Chris Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Post #163923 12th Jan 2013 3:16am
Katash

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Just looking myself at replacing my rears, after a bit of looking found Pagid to be a good option and currently 30% off at Euro Car Parts with the code 'pagid30'

Post #163924 12th Jan 2013 3:35am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Gents don't bother. I found a place on eBay that sells Mintex SETS of pads, discs and sensor cables for front or rear cheaper than Ecp with discount can manage by a good margin Wink
Seller adventure_4x4 I think it is, about £70 per set so not to be sneezed at and unless your towing all the time or racing your ff there shouldn't be a red for drilled or grooved ones.

Drilled are bad anyway as they eventually crack up from the drill points due to the manufacturing process Sad FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #163926 12th Jan 2013 5:42am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

kingpleb wrote:
Gents don't bother. I found a place on eBay that sells Mintex SETS of pads, discs and sensor cables for front or rear cheaper than Ecp with discount can manage by a good margin Wink
Seller adventure_4x4 I think it is, about £70 per set so not to be sneezed at and unless your towing all the time or racing your ff there shouldn't be a red for drilled or grooved ones.

Drilled are bad anyway as they eventually crack up from the drill points due to the manufacturing process Sad

I have drilled and grooved on mine KP and fit many on my customers cars without issue! I take it you have first hand experience of these premature failures?

My experience is not to use cheap rubbish! That's usually the issue with cracking in pads or discs...

Post #163957 12th Jan 2013 12:32pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

I've got them and wouldn't get them again. I got them for the anti corrosive coating. That has worked and been great. Under medium-heavy breaking they are quite noisy due to the slots. Sounds like a fluttering/abs feeling. They work very well but it's your choice. They do look good though. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #163963 12th Jan 2013 12:59pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Far from cheap rubbish but tried genuine fiat ones and aftermarket and its a well known fault. As they still it causes fractures that can't be seen without a microscope and as time goes in and if heavy heat is applied then they get worse... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #164025 12th Jan 2013 5:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1