Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
3R10

France 
Just came today from Amazon

This books just came today from Amazon! Now time to start reading! Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I plan on getting both a Classic and a P38 and do a complete restoration of both them! 2000 BMW M5, Avus Blue/LeMans Leather Interior
2006 Range Rover Westminster Java Black

Post #16888 19th Apr 2010 3:34pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

there are usually copies on ebay too very cheap - got mine new for 99p

Post #16893 19th Apr 2010 3:58pm
3R10

France 

Customs here in France tend to make the waiting very long! I opted for amazon just because it promised to deliver the books in 6 days! (It did in 5) Cool 2000 BMW M5, Avus Blue/LeMans Leather Interior

Post #16894 19th Apr 2010 4:06pm
DeltaC

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

You can find much better reference books (ie Land Rover Workshop Manuals) online, in most cases free.

I'd strongly recommend getting the classic first, and suggest getting an early one that will not be plagued by electrical problems.. A 3.5 on carbs would keep you away from potential engine issues and EFi reliability challenges.

This approach will guarantee that you will have fun and drive the fruits of your labour Wink

Although P38's don't suffer the levels of corrosion as seen on its older brother, they do have the potential to be electronic nightmares if you are aiming to restore and only occasionally use. The problem is that these vehicles (Late Classics & P38's) do not take kindly to sitting idle for long periods - condensation plays havoc in the various systems..

I'd also suggest that P38's will never reach the iconic level that the Classic RR enjoys thus its maybe not worth the effort and cost to restore & maintain.

Post #16897 19th Apr 2010 4:22pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

DeltaC wrote:
I'd strongly recommend getting the classic first, and suggest getting an early one that will not be plagued by electrical problems.. A 3.5 on carbs would keep you away from potential engine issues and EFi reliability challenges.

This approach will guarantee that you will have fun and drive the fruits of your labour Wink

Although P38's don't suffer the levels of corrosion as seen on its older brother, they do have the potential to be electronic nightmares if you are aiming to restore and only occasionally use. The problem is that these vehicles (Late Classics & P38's) do not take kindly to sitting idle for long periods - condensation plays havoc in the various systems..

I'd also suggest that P38's will never reach the iconic level that the Classic RR enjoys thus its maybe not worth the effort and cost to restore & maintain.

Good points Well made Wink

Post #16899 19th Apr 2010 4:26pm
3R10

France 

Thanks for the advises DeltaC! I have all the workshop manuals, but wanted something different (to display on my library)

Someone in my family who owns his big oil company and is also a fellow Range Rover enthusiast, has offered me the financial help and moral support to start this project! In Albania, where I'm planning to register and keep the cars, I pay for a full insurance for a 2004 FFRR like 600 Euros a year, which is a bargain, and if the car is stolen or totaled they pay you back a good amount of money! That said, I know the P38 is not iconic as the Classic, but it is my dream that I have a collection of Range Rovers and want to have every model!

BTW what do you think would be the perfect cars up to today for the collection! (My family is planning on building a big house in the countryside and I guess parking the cars will not be the problem!)

I was guessing that for a perfect collection, one would need:
1 2 door RR Classic
1 4 door RR Classic
1 LWB RR Classic
1 P38 RR

what about the current Range Rover? How can it be considered? Let's say 03 Model and 07 Model can be considered different cars? Or the same ones? How about the 2010 model? 2000 BMW M5, Avus Blue/LeMans Leather Interior

Post #16907 19th Apr 2010 4:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1