Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > im stuck, help.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
arron

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
im stuck, help.

i need some expert advise please guys, i am doing the bluetooth install to my car 54 vogue but instead of having the 54 pin plug in the boot i have the white x400 12 pin plug that only has 9 pins in it. has any one got a part number for the lead i need to convert it or can any body supply the lead please, i been pulling my hair out trying to find the lead on google and have come up with a blank. Big Cry
thanks guys, arron.

Post #176209 6th Mar 2013 7:01pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

try this ,

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14122....=bluetooth

or do a search.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #176336 7th Mar 2013 12:39pm
arron

thanks stan, i searched and read all posts about the retrofit but it seems all range rovers upto early 2004 have the large black plug already in the boot which just needs re pinning but the late 2004 cars have the large white plug instead. theres been a few people ask about the adapter but no one seems to know anything about the loom adapter or the part number. bimmer nav do a kit but its extortionate. i have been out today and looked at a wiring diagram for the white x400 plug and it seem all the wires are there so i think i will have to make my own loom. all i need is to order the 54 pin plug from audi and get cracking. ill take some pics on the way through and if im successful i will post it on here for future people with the same problem. Thumbs Up

Post #176451 7th Mar 2013 10:02pm
ccfj1

United Kingdom 

arron wrote:
thanks stan, i searched and read all posts about the retrofit but it seems all range rovers upto early 2004 have the large black plug already in the boot which just needs re pinning but the late 2004 cars have the large white plug instead. theres been a few people ask about the adapter but no one seems to know anything about the loom adapter or the part number. bimmer nav do a kit but its extortionate. i have been out today and looked at a wiring diagram for the white x400 plug and it seem all the wires are there so i think i will have to make my own loom. all i need is to order the 54 pin plug from audi and get cracking. ill take some pics on the way through and if im successful i will post it on here for future people with the same problem. Thumbs Up

I've just made one of these up for a fellow RR member.

You will also need the 12pin x400 plug mate, I had a bit of a job finding one too.

The 54 pin plug can be got from Audi.

54 Pin connector £4 - Audi p/n 4e0-972-144.

Pins for connector £3.01 ea Audi Dealer - Audi p/n 000-979-010. (you need 11 of these)

you will also need to find the mic loom, its a small 3pin plug.

Bmw part 61.13.8.377.072 £1 and 2 pins for same 61.13.0.006.663 @ £1 ea

you will also need the Fakra BT antenna lead

BMW part 61-12-6-912-541

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-1m-Antenna-E...1c2bcbef5c

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-antenna-Ex...45f4f5a019

or

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fakra-A-Jack-to-Fakra-B...4603df29e6

Any of these will do, dont worry about the length, the BT antenna is good to 7-10m around the antenna, so you can have it in the boot.

you should end up with something like this.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by ccfj1 on 8th Mar 2013 2:56pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #176577 8th Mar 2013 2:10pm
comports

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

You have indeed made one up for a fellow member.... ME

It arrived today John - thanks - Having an issue getting the pairing function up but probably need to wait till I get the Bluetooth antenna and the FAKRA lead. Arial is tomorrow but lead is on back order so maybe a week or so unless I can find one somewhere else.

Aaron - The lead from ccfj is plug and play unless you need to wire up the mic up front. Ash
------------------------------------------------------
2016 SDV8 AB

Post #176583 8th Mar 2013 2:38pm
ccfj1

United Kingdom 

comports wrote:
You have indeed made one up for a fellow member.... ME

It arrived today John - thanks -

Ok, cool, so ULF is seen by the system and you now have the telephone option?

Quote:
Having an issue getting the pairing function up but probably need to wait till I get the Bluetooth antenna and the FAKRA lead.

It will pair without the antenna, but the phone has be be within 2" of the ULF mate, its not ideal without the antenna, but it will pair so you can test that it works, it wont work for making or receiving calls but its enough to pair the phone.

Quote:
Arial is tomorrow but lead is on back order so maybe a week or so unless I can find one somewhere else.

See list above.

I'm thinking of buying a load of these and supplying them with the BT harness as its a bit of a pain to get them separately.

Quote:
Aaron - The lead from ccfj is plug and play unless you need to wire up the mic up front.

Did you need the Mic loom in the end or did you find the mic plug??

Post #176585 8th Mar 2013 2:43pm
comports

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

Thanks John,

I'll try the pairing shortly - It's pi88ing down right now..!

I can't find the mic wire up the back although there is a mic plug in the overhead console. There may be the plug under the centre console (gear lever I seem to remember) so will look for that as well. If thats there and connected then the wire must be somewhere. If not it may be just as easy to run the new loom up anyway. I forgot to send the funds for this part so will do that today.

Thanks again and sorry Aaron to hijack.! Ash
------------------------------------------------------
2016 SDV8 AB

Post #176594 8th Mar 2013 3:08pm
ccfj1

United Kingdom 

comports wrote:
Thanks John,

I'll try the pairing shortly - It's pi88ing down right now..!

Same here mate Sad

Quote:
I can't find the mic wire up the back although there is a mic plug in the overhead console.

Well it must go somewhere, lol, it could be tucked up or behind a module in the boot.

Quote:
There may be the plug under the centre console (gear lever I seem to remember) so will look for that as well.

Well the mic loom is 5.5m so it should go pretty much anywhere in the car.

Quote:
If thats there and connected then the wire must be somewhere.

I concur.

Quote:
If not it may be just as easy to run the new loom up anyway. I forgot to send the funds for this part so will do that today.

Ok.

Quote:
Thanks again and sorry Aaron to hijack.!

Indeed, sorry, I have nearly enough bits (I'd need to order a couple of plugs in) to make another one of these if you need one (Aaron).

Post #176597 8th Mar 2013 3:13pm
arron

no need for apologies its all good info, can i have a price for one of the looms please. it would be very handy and save me time as well.
Thumbs Up

Post #176808 9th Mar 2013 11:28pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Well this looks excellent Thumbs Up

Would make the install pretty much "plug and play".

Even if you already had the 54 pin connector in the boot, you could disconnect it at the white plug and use this kit, which would negate the 54 pin plug rewire, which must put some owners off.

Could send the old 54 pin plug and wire back to ccfj1 to be rewired and used again in another kit.

That is of course if you have the time and can do this on an ad-hoc basis.

I rewired my 54 pin plug, which wasn't too bad once you got going, but this "kit" method would be much better.

Bow down 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #176839 10th Mar 2013 12:10pm
ccfj1

United Kingdom 

arron wrote:
no need for apologies its all good info,

Ok, cool.

Quote:
can i have a price for one of the looms please. it would be very handy and save me time as well.
Thumbs Up

I'll PM you mate.

mjdronfield wrote:
Well this looks excellent Thumbs Up

Would make the install pretty much "plug and play".

It a fair bit easier than making one for the BMW!!

Quote:
Even if you already had the 54 pin connector in the boot, you could disconnect it at the white plug and use this kit, which would negate the 54 pin plug rewire, which must put some owners off.

Indeed.

Quote:
Could send the old 54 pin plug and wire back to ccfj1 to be rewired and used again in another kit.

True, it would make it cheaper too.

Quote:
That is of course if you have the time and can do this on an ad-hoc basis.

Well I'm not a shop or business or anything like that, just an normal bloke thats handy at car electronics.

I make BT looms up quite often for the BMW forums (e38, e39, x5, x3, z4 etc). making one for the RR is the same but slightly easier because you have the x400 plug and the bmw does not (I have to make the loom in a different way).

Now that I know whats needed for the RR making more is not a problem and can be done as and when people want them.

Quote:
I rewired my 54 pin plug, which wasn't too bad once you got going, but this "kit" method would be much better.

Indeed, it does make it easier.

I would still like to know if all the cars with the x400 plug where the mic plug goes (so I can adjust the mic loom length).

The Pair button can be pretty much any length and if you have the same cradle setup as the BMW then you can also have the charging and phone option (snapin adapter), if you like.

Quote:
Bow down

Many thanks.

John

Post #176858 10th Mar 2013 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1