Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Jobs created at Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lookers Park Royal

Jobs created at Land Rover

Land Rover, the leading manufacturer of prestigious SUV vehicles in the UK, is to create 275 new jobs at the company's manufacturing plant in Solihull, West Midlands.

The additional positions are required to support an increase in demand following the seventh consecutive month of improved sales. March sales in the UK recorded the highest figures for any month in the company's 62 year history.

Phil Popham, Land Rover managing director commented: "These additional positions are excellent news for the manufacturing industry in the Midlands. It comes as a result of a phenomenal response received from customers and the media to the award winning 2010 model year range, giving Land Rover an incredible start to the year."

More than 5,000 people work at the Solihull plant. The extra 275 agency positions are required to start immediately to boost the build rate in light of the increased demand for the new vehicle 2010 model year range.

In March 2010, Land Rover sales in the UK were up 67% on the same month last year selling over 11,300 vehicles. As well as the iconic Defender model, the Solihull plant is responsible for manufacturing the company's acclaimed Discovery 4 which saw sales increase by 58% together with the Range Rover Sport and Range Rover models both also up by 70% and 36% respectively compared to the same period last year.

Solihull is a flexible manufacturing operation with a commitment to excellent levels of quality, and these new positions will support the delivery of more prestigious SUVs to our customers around the world

Post #17964 8th May 2010 8:26am
Turbo Tony

United Kingdom 

That's brilliant news and hopefully a good omen for the future.

It's a shame the new positions are only agency positions - I'm not sure I'd want a temporary worker with no investment in the success of the business putting together a top-end car! I'm sure they'll only be used 'in the background' though. Researching my first Range Rover purchase

Post #17965 8th May 2010 9:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1