Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Anybody considering switching order to Sport?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 

United Kingdom 

montpellier wrote:

Whilst I would not change my choice, I think many will, and LR have created an own goal by not keeping the FF differentiated more from the Sport.

This I agree with. Releasing two models at the almost the same time which are essentially the same apart from slightly different styling is far from optimal from a marketing perspective. Obviously the Sport and the FF have been developed side by side but it would have made more sense to have introduced the Sport a couple of years after the FF once the initial sales surge for the FF had died down (e.g. like BMW will always introduce the coupe derivative about 2 years or so after the saloon). I guess they desperately needed a new Sport in the market quickly to compete against the X5 and Cayenne against which the old Sport is outdated.

What this also suggests to me is that the FF is now likely to move further up market and new more expensive FF model derivatives will be introduced in the coming years (as LR have alluded to) and a Evoque Grande or new model will be introduced to fill the gap price wise now opened up between the Evoque and the new Sport. I also reckon that when the long wheelbase FF is introduced this will way outsell the standard model (on a global basis) which will differentiate the FF from the Sport.

For me I could never really see the point of the Sport. I bought a big SUV to carry people and stuff in comfort and luxury. The old Sport was never that luxurious or very big (from a people and load carrying perspective). This is now different with the new one as the space and interior comfort would seem to be much the same. Shame I absolutely hate the Evoque rear end styling so I shall be buying a FF once again.

Post #180366 29th Mar 2013 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123