Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Warrentywise won't pay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
robjp

Wales 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

You think they have been unreasonable.
If you can SHOW they have been unreasonable, then you are on to a winner. All the communication from the garage to WW should have been by email or fax. They leave a trace, always.
Thing is ... you say 'over 5 days'. Does that mean the email first went off on a Friday afternoon (day 1), weekend (2+3), monday (4) and the garage went ahead on the Tuesday ? I'm also aware there has just been a bank holiday weekend, so it may have been a 3 day weekend.
Your 5 days could be a lot less than that.

Details. The devil is always in the details

Post #192206 5th Jun 2013 5:46pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

When weighing up alternatves i was considering WW. Quentin and all.

I think that if the garage can prove that they tried to contact them over a period of 5 days then then threaten to take them fo the ombudsman, i should think that the threat of action should do the trick.......

Every time i have had the old girl (not swmbo) in for a bit of work they have had to get approval from LR warranty before the work was done. This is because even the LR warranties are supplied by car care plan who are an independant warranty company. And they like to know what they are spending up front.

My current warranty is with ccp through inchcape and the dealership said that ccp have negotiated lower rates so that customers can still get dealership service but the warranty costs less than the LR used.

Anureysm1 i would see what happens compile a file of contact attempts and send them over to them then if there is no response threaten ombudsman. I should think for a couple of hundred quids they will cave in and pay. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #192214 5th Jun 2013 7:32pm
aneurysm1

2010 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Cairns Blue

Just wanted to update you all, after I followed the complaints procedure WW have agreed to pay for the original fuel pump fitted and the pay the bill from the garage.
So I am finally pleased, I think it is a fair result.

Post #192414 6th Jun 2013 8:03pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Thumbs Up good news, i thought they would cave in for a smallish repair.

Just goes to show that in general they will try to weasel out of pretty much every claim if they see a way that you havent towed the party line.....and followed procedures to the letter. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #192646 8th Jun 2013 8:41am
bozmandb9

I don't see any evidence of trying to avoid paying. They just want to enforce the signed agreement, which is reasonable, and not pay over the odds for parts, wouldn't you if you we're in their position?

Anyway, good result! Thumbs Up Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #192807 8th Jun 2013 11:03pm
DavidC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I am not sure I will renew with WW after they refused to pay for an original replacement alternator.
The claim process was ok, AA Relay great, local indy did the work really well, but they will only pay for aftermarket items unless your breakdown and repair happens during a weekend (or exceptional circumstances like the OP).
I paid the difference to get an original alternator fitted, but it does not seem right to me that we pay an expensive premium to cover an expensive vehicle and they will not use original parts. you don't know what you are getting with certain after market parts.

Post #195436 21st Jun 2013 7:18am
RichTDV8

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Corris Grey

I have a warranty direct policy on mine and most main stealers have the pc programme to submit claim electronically to them. If you know your stealer well then I tend to find it's not too much of a problem.

Saying that I have only had to claim once for the alternator and they coughed up about 90% of the cost which i thought was fair enough 3.0 VSE - 2015MY
Corris with Black, RSE, 22 turbines, privacy, deployables

Post #197859 7th Jul 2013 10:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12