Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > LPG > Biggest LPG tank?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
klf400

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Skinnyrunt23 wrote:
I have had bigger tanks in the boot space, nt a proble if properly covered up. But getting a 95 ltr one in the spare wheel space is brilliant. Take it you just have to use one of those foam cans in case you get a puncture?

yes i carry 2 cans of tyre foam and a pump 1990 3.5 v8 defender
2000 4.6 v8 30th anniversary prins lpg
2004 4.4 v8 vogue prins lpg
2011 4.4 TDV8 Vogue
faultmate extreme
rsw allcoms
Autel 906BT
Gap iiD tool

Post #125624 10th Jun 2012 8:36pm
daverover

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
Tank saga

Remove the rails under the spare wheel and a 95 or 98 litre tank will fit and then the boot floor will also lie flat

With privacy glass no one can see my spare wheel standing up strapped to the back of the rear seats

No under floor tanks can be fitted to the L322 due to all the other gubbins underneath, so I am told

Full tank seems to give me about 250 miles solo on the mway, and not being belted

I was pleasantly surprised

Post #126503 16th Jun 2012 9:10pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

i have a spare wheel lpg tank, but i dont trust a can of foam, so i thought about a solution, and a compromise. i decided i could use a spacesaver spare wheel, from a disco 3, as its a silimar overall diameter, but much thinner. these come up often on ebay as disco 3 drivers want a huge full size spare so that people can see it underneath! i got it for £10 (unused with whiskers!) and couriered it for £9
BEING STEEL IT NEEDED DIFFERENT NUTS
I had this in the boot but it was too big still, -and in danger of damage from tip-trips with rubbish in boot! -so, i stood it up on the left and worked out a method of mounting it like my old classic. i like this position, as it balances a single person in the car, and is easy to change without removing EVERTHING in the boot first. (when raining!) i removed the gps carpet flap cover, and high up under the left hand shelf plastic is a metal brace to hold the parcel shelf steady. i drilled a hole through it, mounted a 12mm threaded bar to this, nyloc nuts/washers etc, bent it level to horizontal, (was slightly facing down), offered up the carpeted flap and sawed a small one inch deep U channel to see the bar through, (and stilll work as a flap) then, offered up the wheel with the threaded bar through one of the wheelnut holes. with a tape marker, i then fitted a pair of nuts locked together (with spanner for the wheel to rest against. -to save my roof trim cover! then finally a wingnut/washers to hold the wheel againtst the threaded bar/nuts. i then cable strapped my sprinter jack snugly to the the well of the wheel and the tools, PLUS FIVE TAPERED WHEELNUTS (£5 ebay). they fit the steel wheel 'cup' -plus a few handy tools and some jump leads, and a pair of side cutters to remove anything quickly etc. finally a universal elasticated 'spare wheel cover over the lot. it looks great, the only comromise is a little space lost, and no option of using the parcel shelf. -but i never even had one! finally i bought a £3 yes £3 ....12 inch cargo net for my right side, as i didnt want to take a wallet bursting original part fits a treat. i might take some pics of it when i next vacuum it all out! so i'm all in for under £50

Post #196046 24th Jun 2013 9:53pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

done the same with my smax..good idea and pics would be welcome.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #196071 25th Jun 2013 7:01am
SoggyBottoms

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged Zambezi Silver

I have a 100 litre toroidal tank and it fills to 80 litres dependent on the weather

Post #196082 25th Jun 2013 9:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12