Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Key won't turn in ignition.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ambulancekidd

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Oslo Blue
Key won't turn in ignition.

I got my FFRR back from the garage that'd done the MOT yesterday. It'd sat in the garage for a few weeks as we were having work done on the house & as we were not in a hurry to get her back, we told the garage to take their time But it was ready for picking up last week. No advisories & only work done had been handbrake adjusted.

Today the FFRR refused to start with just a click when the key was turned. I disconnected the battery & put the charger onto the car but the battery was showing as fully charged on the charger. I had noticed that the positive terminal cover was already loose which I thought was odd. Anyhow, I tightened the terminal back up & she fired up instantly. However later on when I went to move the car the key wouldn't turn in the ignition & the usual click that happens when the key is put in didn't happen! The radio cannot be switched on either & normally this can be done without the key in the ignition.

SWMBO says that the battery was flat at the garage when she went to pick the car up & that they used a battery pack to starts the car. I'm wondering if they might not have known about the jump starting points on the FFRR & I'm not sure if any damage can be done to the pyrotechnic battery connector by improper use? Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? The reason women's minds are cleaner than a mans mind is that women change their minds more often!
When women say fine a mans in deep doodoo as fine has so many meanings.

Post #197736 5th Jul 2013 9:28pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

there's info re this in the wiki. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #197737 5th Jul 2013 9:31pm
ambulancekidd

Cheers Stan, Thumbs Up The reason women's minds are cleaner than a mans mind is that women change their minds more often!

Post #197738 5th Jul 2013 9:44pm
ambulancekidd

Disconnected the battery & popped it on the charger for the night, car started first time & I've used it all day, she drove without fault. I'm a very happy man, however I'm thinking of selling her as I need cash to help getting my business up & running. Any guesses as to what it'd be worth? 116k on clock full MOT with no advisories. Faultless drive, 2005 Vogue TD6 on a 54 plate. The reason women's minds are cleaner than a mans mind is that women change their minds more often!

Post #197839 7th Jul 2013 12:18am
Reformed

England 

You would probably be better waiting a couple of months for the autum/winter and then advertising, you would probably get that bit more, like soft tops are priced more now. Reformed

Post #197849 7th Jul 2013 8:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1