Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Sadly it's had to go
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Budgie

Scotland 
Sadly it's had to go

The FF has had to go, it was starting to suffer gearbox issues and before I traded it in there was sounds of either a wheel bearing or front diff bearing on it's way out as well.
So, after much thinking about whether to spend money on FF or put the same amount towards a different vehicle, I chose a different vehicle and will be the owner of a 2006 Grand Cherokee CRD Overland next week.

We still have a Landy in the family though as my wife saw a 2006 Freelander in the same car sales place I bought the Grand Cherokee and we managed to get a good deal on both vehicles, so it's not all bad. Mr. Green

I will miss the FF but I want something I don't have to keep working on all the time and can trust on long journeys. Hopefully the GC will fulfil that requirement as it has most of the toy the FF has, even if it isn't quite so refined. 

Post #201180 27th Jul 2013 9:30pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I sympathyse with you, and wish you luck,
I guess after you have been 'going out' with 'Elle Mcpherson' its a bit different to now start chatting up 'Kerry Katona'
hee hee, only kidding!
but interested in a comparison...

Post #201182 27th Jul 2013 9:39pm
Budgie

Scotland 

I'd have said I'd just dumped Kerry with the way she was eyeing up my credit card!! Rolling with laughter

I'll do a comparison after a week or so and let you know what I think.
Initial thoughts are that the off-road capability should be slightly better as the Overland is fitted with a limited slip rear diff & electronic things that keep you moving (I need to read the stuff properly as you may have guessed).
The engine & gearbox are both Merc units so I'm keeping the German engineering under the bonnet and I'm back to coil springs.

The downside at the moment is that there's not such a spares market for these when compared to the FF but hopefully I won't need any! Very Happy 

Post #201183 27th Jul 2013 9:51pm
kiter

Scotland 

Thanks for your help with the bluetooth a few months back, you'll miss the FF. Is that your old FF at a certain car dealers in Beauly? noticed the GC he had was gone, looked a nice car - he's had it there for quite a while so hope you did get a good deal. Fuel economy should be better too. Just been on Tiree for 2 weeks with mine - unleaded was an eye watering £154.9 a litre and they were low on fuel so you could only buy £20 max at a time - hardly moved the fuel gauge, needless to say the mountain bike got more use than I had planned on..........!

Post #201187 27th Jul 2013 9:58pm
Budgie

Scotland 

Yep that's mine in there.
The CG looks like it's been sat a while and needs a good wire brush & underseal but apart from that it's in good condition and started first turn of the key (we just turned up, didn't call before hand).

I had planed to head to Dumbarton as there were a couple down there, plus one in Sterling, but checked his site the day before we got the ferry and ended up staying in the Kingsmill for 3 nights and doing some shopping instead of all the travel. Very Happy 

Post #201189 27th Jul 2013 10:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1