Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Oil Leak or Not?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Oil Leak or Not?

Hi,

Got the SC back yesterday afternoon after its latest 17 day stay at the main dealer. One of the issues that was to be addressed was the previously reported smouldering/ hot oil type smell from the front end of the car and which had also resulted in my recently noticing a small discharge left on the garage floor overnight (towards the front passenger side of the car).

Anyway, whilst the car was at the MD they told me that the 'oil leak' was connected to the fact that both the main and secondary radiators needed to be replaced. Both have been replaced.

I went to the car this morning and the leak or discharge had yet again been freshly deposited on the garage floor overnight, although this time, there was slightly more discharge than before.

I've taken 2 pictures of the garage floor that show the old pattern of the dried up leaks along with 2 darker shade fresh deposits. I've wiped the deposit with a kitchen towel which can be seen on the second picture to try and capture the colour. The fluid does feel greasy to touch but with no strong smell of oil, although I am inclined to say what I can smell does smell more like oil.

Does anyone please have any ideas. I appreciate I might be asking the impossible with this post but obviously the MD has not yet been able to identify and remedy on this?

Thanks.

Click image to enlarge

Post #203047 9th Aug 2013 8:56am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Get the under trays off and pinpoint where its coming from exactly as the dealer sounds a bit useless Sad FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #203059 9th Aug 2013 9:31am
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver

I had the same issue, it was a loose sump bolt ! Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #203080 9th Aug 2013 10:51am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Thanks for replies. I'm not mechanical technical and whilst I could tighten a nut and bolt, with the extent of repairs done on this car, my concern is that something more sinister is always lurking.

Post #203083 9th Aug 2013 11:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1