Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > just bought 4.2 2007 s/c but need some bits
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey
just bought 4.2 2007 s/c but need some bits

as above bought a damaged car - front end - needs , bonnet, lights ,grill, bumper , bumper support bracket and anything else in that area possible rad pack etc (the car is partially stripped so not sure what goes where not having seen one up close and in this state Confused

anyone point me in the right places (or have bits lying around after 2010 facelift maybe) - apart from the bay

thanks in advance

hope I haven't taken on too much tbh Laughing

Post #197578 4th Jul 2013 5:29pm
Ragerover

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

if my bits go missing i know where to look locally Very Happy Growing old is compulsory Growing up is optional

Post #197580 4th Jul 2013 6:08pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic17623.html?highlight=i

The workshop manual on the other side of the link will help you a bit i think Smile

Maybe Camtech Craig can help you out or Gary Elliot with good parts they have left over from facelifts and places they have the rest of the parts you need. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #197589 4th Jul 2013 6:54pm
PaulB

2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I would do the 2010 facelift Cool

Post #197591 4th Jul 2013 7:10pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Re: just bought 4.2 2007 s/c but need some bits

dingg1 wrote:
as above bought a damaged car - front end - needs , bonnet, lights ,grill, bumper , bumper support bracket and anything else in that area possible rad pack etc (the car is partially stripped so not sure what goes where not having seen one up close and in this state Confused

anyone point me in the right places (or have bits lying around after 2010 facelift maybe) - apart from the bay

thanks in advance

hope I haven't taken on too much tbh Laughing

I have a complete front end and a bonnet in stock... Thumbs Up

Post #197597 4th Jul 2013 7:44pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

http://www.equicar.co.uk/

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #197599 4th Jul 2013 7:54pm
paneldamage

United Kingdom 

Amazing coincidence, I bought a 57 plate S/C Cat D last Monday that had been stuffed through a hedge.... And am on the same track, looking for parts etc.
Duckworth Dan has been very helpful in supplying all the little bits that I have needed, I have used the bay for the rest,
Mine has no serious damage, a little kink in the n/s inner wing will be hardest to deal with, everything else is bolt on

I have worked around rangeys and landies on a DIY basis for years, and comped a RR classic off road racer in the past, TBH, I have seen more damage to my old racer after one event than there is on my latest project, it's just that when you look at the complexity of the S/C - and it's lovely toys etc, it is easy to get put off when it's in bits. (Old racing days was where my nickname panel damage comes from - having to explain to SWMBO " it's only a bit of panel damage love, it won't cost much to sort out" - usually after it had been on its roof. )

PM me if you get stuck, can't promise I will be able to help, but always willing to try! Hardest job for me so far, is sussing out what bits are missing from behind bumper, grille etc, eg plastic mouldings, as there was naff all left.

There was a Monaco blue bonnet at Bedlington - not too far from you?? On the bay last time I looked, starting bid was £200 but it wasn't selling...keep in mind the size of the bonnet - it's HUGE when it's off the car, not a practical prospect for a courier even if you could find one you trust.

All in all though, I am enjoying sorting it out as a project, I have a good mate helping and that makes a big difference.

Post #197646 4th Jul 2013 11:52pm
dingg1

[]

cheers

same here re sussing out whats behind the grill and bumper , the one I have bought has had everything removed and a hell of a kink in the bumper support bracket ,left front chassis leg will need a bit of fettling also, may need ac condensor and rad and everything forward of that and all associated stuff that I suppose has gone awol ,car gets delivered on Monday so will see whats required properly then ,and I'm offshore on wednesday so nothing to be done until another month or so , as long as its back together in good order for the end of sept and I'll be happy

G

edited to add a pic of what I have to sort

Post #197666 5th Jul 2013 8:09am
dingg1

ok guys need a bit of advice here

the car is coming along well just need bumper painted and bonnet painted then she's back to new!

problem I have at the minute is - wiring harness on drivers side has a quite large capacity plug/socket as well as fog light and two park sensor sockets, I can't work out where this goes what its for or whether its just a spare for something that isn't on my car but maybe is on a diesel?

anyone have an idea what it could be for?

tia

Post #203254 10th Aug 2013 4:18pm
PaulB

2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Sorry for stating the obvious.................... but headlight?

Post #203263 10th Aug 2013 6:00pm
dingg1

no not headlight

my thoughts are a socket for winch maybe?? looks to be spare anyway

Post #203265 10th Aug 2013 6:29pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You need to check out the wiring diagrams on the US version of RAVE, as this includes the 2006 SC 4.2, that may help. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #203285 10th Aug 2013 7:47pm
paneldamage

United Kingdom 

The big wiring / plug is for a winch if one is fitted, ( as far as I can tell) - then there's a pair for the foglight and six (2x3s) for the centre right and right park sensors.
The winch plug if unused is left clipped along the top of the bumper armature out of harms way. Anything else is headlight wiring, but should be in a separate spur to the headlight connector, and two shorter pairs that feed the twin horns (that bolt to the rear of the bumper armature below the rh headlight)

There is a twisted pair knocking about very close to the base of the headlight, they are for the TPMS aerial in the wheelarch, if your car has this feature. I don't think there's any more wires in that area.

If you need more, pm me, but My car is in the paint shop also, so cant readily look. Have fun, I hate wiring.

Post #203539 11th Aug 2013 11:53pm
dingg1

cheers pdamage

winch was my first thought and just got to see now if I can find the connector for tmps to see if fitted.

top info mucho appreciated!

Post #203561 12th Aug 2013 8:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1