Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2010MY Functional questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

kingpleb wrote:
Im betting a few of these things could be changed with an MSV2...

No, not unless Colin has done something recently. The prob is the SW LR installed on the cluster - there are no options to be changed.

We may have something coming, tho. After all, the IIDTool needs to display to the cluster... Cool 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #202651 6th Aug 2013 3:17pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Baltic Blue

jez000 wrote:
Trommel is correct, audio & Nav info was planned but never made it to the TFT screen, a real shame really as there is very little point having a TFT screen if all it displays is gauges.

A 3.6L petrol VW Touareg I owned had a second satnav display between the clocks and it was great. I was expecting something similar in my 11MY with its TFT screen but very suprised and disapointed to find a black hole instead. Sad 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #202685 6th Aug 2013 7:29pm
Parkheat35

2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

Totally agree - I have a MY2012 Westminster and the a/v feels unfinished.

EG: If the navigation screen is on, there's no display at all of radio, playlist or track info. If you use the forward/back buttons on the dash to change stations or tracks you do get a small window briefly popping up over the map showing the change though the personal audio just shows a meaningless track ID rather than artist or title. BUT if you use the steering wheel controls on the LH side pad to do the same thing ... no window, no notification!

Quirky but slightly random...goes to character!

I think the L405 update has fixed a lot of this - looks much more like the RR Sport implementation with stuff in the dash maybe including digital speed display?

Post #204489 17th Aug 2013 8:31am
Baron

Can't speak for others but I'd pay good money for a plugin module that would make good use of the TFT black hole between the clocks for immediate turn satnav instructions like I had in my Touareg. Given the length of time the TFT dash has been around now (3 years?) I'm suprised someone hasn't already done it. 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #204509 17th Aug 2013 12:35pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

I have the faultmate MSV2 for a 2010+ MY and bought it with a multi-vehicle licence in order to make a few changes myself and then for others but although the are a few things in the CCF that can be modified (some I have done Whistle ) software upgrades are still under development Sad

I've had the kit over a year now and paid more than £1500 for it and have to say to date it's not worth the money. Eventually it will be able to do great things but sadly for me it will be too little too late as I will almost certainly have "jumped ship" well before then Big Cry

In the mean time if you fancy the signature lights on all the time as DRL's, or the digital mph showing in the speedo or auto unlock of the doors when the engine is switch off and a few others then let me know Whistle

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #204640 18th Aug 2013 11:53am
Baron

Signature lights on all the time as DRL's, the digital mph showing in the speedo,auto unlock of the doors when the engine is switch off. they're all good mods that should be standard or at least us configurable. I'd turn all of them on if they were available.

I had a brand new Freelander for a few days last week and it had a digital speed display inside the analogue speedo which I thought was very useful.

So how have you managed to activate those functions, I don't know what an MSV2 is you see? 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #204696 18th Aug 2013 9:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12