Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > LR-Media iPod,Bluetooth Telephone,Wireless Music&USB for
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Prop

United Kingdom 
LR-Media iPod,Bluetooth Telephone,Wireless Music&USB for

Just seen this device on eBay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LR-Media-iPod-Bl...33840a8648

Just wondering if anyone has any further info on it, or better still has one? Is it an official LR product or aftermarket device?

Seems it does support Bluetooth Audio Streaming, looks pretty interesting. Shame about the price, but looks cheaper than the LR Range Rover Audio Connection module.

Post #201136 27th Jul 2013 4:32pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

Just noticed there was a PDF instruction document included on the eBay link. Had a read of it and seems it is not an official LR product but it does offer further functionality over the standard LR equivalent. For example you still seem to be stuck with the standard 6 CD screen but now you have options to select by artist, album and genre etc.

Would be very interested to here feedback from anyone that has this unit.

Post #201146 27th Jul 2013 5:36pm
kadas

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Chawton White

hopefully someone will be the test dummy and report back to us. looks interesting.

Post #201163 27th Jul 2013 7:18pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
ipod bluetooth etc

I would forget that gadget, too expensive. get yourself a secondhand parrott 9200i handsfree kit. maybe only £50 thesedays. if only for the bluetooth! you get bluetooth phone etc, from your pocket with onetouch voice dialling etc. -AND you get iphone bluetooth music too. optional charging, and USB and SD card storage tunes too. and the phone overules them all. it was fitted in my FFRR by previous owner. and it is great. and i bought one recently at a carboot sale for a paltry -get this £2 yes, the bargain of the year. £2 (complete!) its going in the missus' car. so dont ask. not many wires to fit, normally they just connect with the standard radio jack plugs on most cars, plus one other wire, but seek guidance first. got a small screen next to my fuel gauge, and a small button box loose in my centre console coin tray. no drilled holes etc. =free podcasts are the way to go thesedays.

Post #201168 27th Jul 2013 7:43pm
plumajp

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Oslo Blue

I read somehwere that when using a parrot, if the FFRR has DSP then it only plays sound through 2 speakers or something, so the sub and other speakers will be redundant and sound wouldnt be very good.

it will work fine in cars with no DSP.

Can someone confrim this as i was looking to by a parrot but this put me off.

Post #204917 20th Aug 2013 12:57pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

Sorry cannot really help you when it comes to the Parrott stuff as not had any experience with it.

However I did give the sole UK seller of the LR-Media device a phone call to try and get a hands on look at one of these devices. They tried to reassure me it has been fitted to many Range Rovers and is fully tested etc, but when I asked if I could see one fitted and in use they didn't have one available for me to view in a vehicle.

I pointed out I didn't fancy paying out all that money for a device I have not seen in operation, and have they got any YouTube videos or anything for me to look at, again there was nothing as the device has only been out a few months. I pointed out that its unlikely people will fork out £430 plus £100 fitting for an un-proven product.

They then said would I be willing to do a video review of the product if it was supplied at cost to which I said I maybe, and I left them my details, but as yet they have not contacted me. I am guessing that if the product is as good as they state then they should be confident enough to supply one for review, and if its as good as it looks on paper then I am sure it would sell. I am more than willing to review the product just not sure I want to be paying that sort of money for something that may or may not be any good.

Post #204925 20th Aug 2013 1:23pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
parrot i9200

i have the 2002 vogue, with the normal dsp not the logic7 i have a parrot 9200i or whatever the 9200 is with the remote wheel button thing loose on the console, and the screen to the left of the fuel guage. -no drilling! it works fine on bluetooth with the surround. nice and bass-ey if you play with settings. in fact it comes through as the radio/cd would through all speakers, and i can still play the cd's too in the multi thing. i have the radio on, normally, and the iphone 3gs i use, i have bluetooth on all the time, so it 'connects' every time i get in, and if i just flick on a tune on the phone, it overplays the radio. ie mutes radio and plays iphone music. this was in my car on purchase. it works very well. i'm aware there are a few aftermarket cut-in devices to utilise the dsp setup, so, maybe i have this, and without, i would only get two speakers? i could even use a usb stick to play tunes, or 3.5mm jack, or sd card too, but i havent tried these. speak to a car stereo shop, as stuff theesdays changes/evolves very quickly.

Post #204937 20th Aug 2013 1:50pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

It sound like the universal panacea we have all been looking for Rolling with laughter but if they were serious why price it the same as the ACM that we know works and does the one thing we are missing , iPod connectivity .
The rest is fun but to a lesser extent the car already does . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #204939 20th Aug 2013 1:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1