Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Ferrari and Maserati test day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Contraband

Scotland 
Ferrari and Maserati test day

I was genuinely asked today by another guest "how many ferrari's do you have then?".... (he had 6)..
Anyway...
What a day. Food all day by a Michelin starred chef and jumping in and out of two 458's a California and an FF. There were 2 Maserati Granturismos as well.
By chance, I live 1.5 miles from the venue, pittormie castle. I heard the cars first thing this morning going through my village.. They sounded glorious.
First up was the yellow 458 spyder. Straight to the point.. Best car I have ever driven. Turn the key, press the brake, push the start button and listen to the noise, wow. Pull the right paddle into first gear and I am good to go. It pulls away smoothly with nothing to suggest the performance that is available.
Down the drive and onto the main road. The all round visibilty is brilliant. The rate of acceleration is staggering. If you leave it in auto it will obviously change when it thinks. If you use the paddles it stays in manual mode and will not change up even if you redline it.. Whistle
Most surprising thing to me was the ride quality. It was so comfortable. It was not a harsh ride at all. The seats are brilliant, you could easily drive for hours in comfort. I turned the dial on the wheel to race mode... It got even louder! The gear change is so smooth as well, it is instant. 7 speed as well. I opened it up on the dual carriageway up to the Tay bridge, just flipping the paddle when the lights illuminated on the steering wheel..... I saw 120 when I was slowing down.
I stopped in the carpark at the bridge and put the roof down. Just a button push and it went all transformer on me. What a great mechanism. There is a mode on the spyder only, that makes the car even louder still so you really hear it with the roof down... Very ned, but very very loud, I loved it.. Laughing Anyway, there is hardly any wind intrusion at 100+.
I had it sideways once, by accident, and it was very easy to catch and control.
So, noise, ride comfort, handling, seat comfort, speed all mixed together made it by far the best car I have ever driven.

The FF was great. 4 seats and 4x4. I saw a woman standing behind it when it started up, her skirt blew up past her knees such was the force from the exhaust. Again, you could do hours of comfortable motoring, such was the feel of the car.
I noticed straight away that the steering has more oversteer than the 458.
I think the FF was the fastest car I drove all day.
The Maseratis sounded lovely. They are a true 4 seater. The comfort is superb as is the leather finish. The handling is good.
They are quick as well. I did not like the gear change at all. Far too slow. The ferraris are dual clutch and change instantly. The Maserati MC i drove had a single clutch and it is just too slow for a sports car. As a GT car it is probably ok and you would get used to it if you were not trying to drive it like a hooligan. The drop head that was there, I was told, had a better change, but I never bothered trying it.
So, all in all, a brilliant day. Stunning castle, great food, amazing cars.....
If only I had a spare £218,000 I could have taken advantage of a great deal today......

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #205290 22nd Aug 2013 8:24pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Stunning setting, and WHAT a day!

You lucky Mutha Censored

I only get to test drive Land Rovers..... Big Cry (Oh and Jags, and go to Buckingham Palace..Oh shut up Adam Rolling with laughter ) Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #205297 22nd Aug 2013 9:07pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Wow, sounds like an amazing day ! Lucky bastid by the way , are you on their mailing list or did you blag your way in ?.

Post #205298 22nd Aug 2013 9:15pm
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I hope you both get piles. Glad you both had a wonderful time.

Post #205299 22nd Aug 2013 9:22pm
Contraband

Scotland 

When I was looking for a car I popped into Maserati for a look at a 2nd hand cambiocorsa. That's how they got my details I suppose. They must have hundreds of names and address's so it must have been the pristine FFRR I parked at their front door that made them think I was a decent sort and worthy of an invite!! Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #205302 22nd Aug 2013 9:52pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Might wash the car & fire down to some posh showrooms at the weekend Whistle

Post #205304 22nd Aug 2013 9:58pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

And here was me thinking a morning at Mar Hall test driving the new RRS and getting a free breakfast was good! Big Cry Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #205305 22nd Aug 2013 10:12pm
Contraband

Scotland 

^ Not a bad deal tho' Alan.... That's my favourite hotel.. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #205306 22nd Aug 2013 10:17pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Bow down Thumbs Up i only get RR, Jaguar or AM testdays Confused All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #205339 23rd Aug 2013 11:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1