Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My beautiful S/C smashed up by ice...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Robert_it

Italy 
My beautiful S/C smashed up by ice...

This is a sad post to do... Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

On my way to the mountainsfor skiing, car full of wife, mother in law and my two kids when entering a roundabout the same time as a lorry driver exits in the opposite direction. When he turns a HUGE block of ice drops from his roof of the lorry and smashes into the front of my PJ.... Big Cry Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

No need to say I am absolutely gutted.... Luckily the kids did not notice a thing as they where watching a movie on the RSE, but I got some kind of a shock and was totally covered in glass splinters.

Here is a few pictures of what damage a "piece" of ice can do to a "tank" like ours...

Happy new Year to everybody

Robert

NOTE: still havn't found out how to insert pictures directly into the post but I did make a gallery with 4 pictures..... Why make it easy when it can be like this??? Whistle

[Fixed Thumbs Up RRUK]

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2046 29th Dec 2008 4:30pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

That's painful to look at, good job you are all ok though. I hope you got his details!

never doubt the power of ice, can be lethal....

Click image to enlarge
 Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2047 29th Dec 2008 6:16pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Robert, sorry to hear about the ice - but glad to hear everyone ok Thumbs Up

Hope the incident didnt stop you from skiing and ruin the holiday

Cant believe how much damage it caused - That will come to a good few thousand - Euros or sterling makes no difference anymore Whistle

Post #2049 29th Dec 2008 8:19pm
Robert_it

Italy 

Thanks to both for your support, and yes the car is still "just" a car...

I am lucky to live only an hour from the ski slopes and will go again on Friday - obviously driving in the Missus BMW - my little 3 year old daughter was not pleased because she was all ready for her first try on the slopes....

It DO scare the SH... out of me thinking what would have happened if I had been driving a 10 year old small Fiat Punto with the seat all the way forward due all the passengers. And a thin front windscreen???? In the best scenario I thinking blind and ruined face, worst  -- death.. --

So in some respect I am happy to have been driving my RR.

RRUK - Can you please tell me like I was a child how to insert pictures in your post's...
I must just not be cleaver enough. Rolling with laughter

I have left the car at the stealer he will give me a quote tomorrow Big Cry

Robert 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2051 29th Dec 2008 10:15pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

BLOODY 'ell Shocked Looks like damage to all one side including the doors as well Big Cry I'll probably would have a heart attack if that happens to me!!!

Really sorry to see that, at least your family's OK Thumbs Up

Post #2055 29th Dec 2008 11:04pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

to post pictures from your own gallery:

Select the picture from your gallery:

There are two image bbcode url's underneath the image, one for full size, one for smaller size. Just copy one of those url strings and paste it into this window.

If it is a picture from a third party server (i.e. not fullfatrr or rrsport etc) then copy the image properties (e.g. http://www.yahoo.com/image001.jpg) and then put the start and end image tags from here around it either by typing them in manually or, clicking on the Img button above the posting window.

This tag comes first [img]

This tag comes at the end [/img]

EASY! Very Happy Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2059 30th Dec 2008 10:44am
Robert_it

Italy 

Happy New Year to everybody,

Thanks to RRUK for explaining how to insert pictures...

Just got my quote and it reads 6500 Euro which I did not find too bad considering the amount of damage.. (New Windscreen, Side mirror, Bonnet, Headlamp and a paint-job)
See the big difference between Italy and Denmark from where I originate is that a Authorized dealer shop hour rate in Denmark is 1300- 1500 DKK Plus 25% VAT. (App 260 Euro or £ 250 all in) and here in Italy they quote € 55 or £ 53... This is a FITH of the price!!!! in my total quote is 50 hours of labor costing app 2500 Euro. In DK this would have been close to 13.000 Euro in Labor. Shocked

Cars in Denmark is Taxed with 180% luxury tax after the 25% Vat has been put on first, end result is that you pay for 3 cars when you get one??? The new price for a S/C like mine with RSE,Privacy glass, Fordable mirrors and detachable tow hitch will cost in DKK 2.450.000 (£ 320.000) HOW SICK IS THAT ...
Hence also the ridicules high Dealer prices for maintenance. A back street garage will ask £70-150 an hour and a Dealership from £120 and up to £250.... YES Land Rover is among the most expensive of them all ..

Robert 2006 Full Size 4.2 V8 SC. Bonatti Grey - Ivory/Aspen.

Post #2067 1st Jan 2009 3:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1