Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Another EAS need for help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Another EAS need for help

My car's suspension seems to be packing up, but first I would like some advice on what should be taken care of first and what may be the problems i'm facing.

For some time now, the car has been producing all sorts of knocking noises from the front suspension. In reverse, it is really terrible, as over bad terrain, it seems like the car is triggering the ABS, or the HDC, doing those trrrr trrr trrr.

Then, a few weeks ago, on the motorway, first bong, ''susp fault, max speed....''. I decided to ignore it and the message went away.
After getting the max speed messages from time to time, i decided to go to the 4x4 screen, and noticed that the front left wheel, on the screen, is flying all over the place, going up and down like if i'd been doing some rock crawling. All the other wheels showed the normal up and down movement when on the road.

Maybe an issue with the sensor? the car behaved ok....ignored it...

Then, this weekend, while at low speed, the bong came again, but only this time, the compressor seemed like it ran out of air, because the car dropped to its bump stops and the whole system halted. I had to restart the car, and i got the messages ''vehicle raising slowly'', which indicates that the compressor was low on air.

So, what am I looking at, compressor failure? Front strut failure? A simple Sensor? A leak in the system?

If any of the first two, any recomendations on what is the best replacement part? Can I go into the rebuilt road?

Opinions please....

Post #205855 27th Aug 2013 12:37am
ahebron

New Zealand 

Having been in the same situation I would say the air strut is leaking. Replace both as you will have one new strut and one old so the car will handle badly.

Adrian VW Amarok 2014 Highline auto

Post #205857 27th Aug 2013 5:26am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Sounds to me like ignoring it has probably done more damage! cars don't tend to fix themselves! Whistle

Post #205864 27th Aug 2013 8:01am
paneldamage

United Kingdom 

Sounds like a leaky front left bag to me... It's the most common side/end to go. Replace in pairs, shouldn't take more than half an hour per side if the hub-to-strut bolts come out ok. I think you get the ABS/DSC faults as the strut is failing to supply/apply sufficient pressure to support the car, so the wheel speed can soon lose sync with the rest of the car leading to the fault thrown. You need to be sure that the EAS is not in hard fault mode, or else you won't be able to fill the new struts with wind... There are two or three aftermarket suppliers, I fitted Delphi' s, they seem fine, about £300 per front corner. I understand that Delphi are the OEM supplier anyway. I think there a wiki for changing the strut?

Post #206026 27th Aug 2013 10:55pm
VMPP

Thanks

I gotta take a look at those Delphi's. Where can I get them?
I also saw some struts from arnott, are they any ggod?

Also, what is the ''hard fault mode''?

Post #206031 28th Aug 2013 1:44am
Meerbusch

United Kingdom 

The DELPHI are at: island4x4, they have shipping costs from only 10GBP + VAT = round 14 Euro, you can buy there all parts to good conditions, sometimes I ordered 20 brake discs for clients, only paid 10 GBP shipping for 10 packages together ! The fault you must read at the tester, then you will decide...

and don´t buy ARNOTTS or DUNLOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greetings from german RR-workship... TDV8 4.4 from 2012, 278.000km like new + Lancia Flavia Coupe 1964 + RRS L494 3.0 SDV6 + C220CDI Convertible 2021

Post #206032 28th Aug 2013 6:53am
VMPP

Thanks

Found them. Nice price, as the LR original ones are a major steal...

Post #206058 28th Aug 2013 9:13am
VMPP

Well, it seems the strut is gone for good...

Yesterday, after a few bongs, the car refused to raise the suspension, giving the ''vehicle lifting slowly'', and the ''suspension will work when system cooled'' messages.

As I was traveling with other person, who was outside the car, said, I can hear the system filling up!

Wrong!!!

It was the spring going fffffffffffffffff like a punctured tyre.

Only good thing was, that after the towing of the car to the workshop, we viewed the microcat and it seems that for TDV8's, at least, one can buy just the air spring. There's no need to buy the whole strut. 250€ (spring) vs 1000€ (strut)!!!!

Post #210874 18th Sep 2013 10:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1