Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Audio/video, reverse cam, sat nav, touch screen, all inop.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Contraband

Scotland 
Audio/video, reverse cam, sat nav, touch screen, all inop.

Started off bad news, now good news...
There are lots of posts on this subject and I have read them all. Many thanks again to this site for helping out..
Anyway...
Christmas eve, driving home, went to change from radio to cd and noticed the cd,tv,DVD buttons on the screen were not highlighted. Everything else seemed ok.
Got home, put her in reverse and the rear cam never came on. Thought it must be damp, let it dry out, should be ok.
Boxing day.. Started her up. Radio on/off light was flashing and the touch screen was stuck on the land rover logo.
Came back in, got iPad out, read every post I could.... Went back out to check the back corner where all the electrical kit is stacked... Evidence of water.. Damn.
I took the frame off with the Bluetooth, sat nav and DVD changer, easy, 2 bolts at top, 5 at bottom, out it pulled. I lay it on its side and water came out. I took them in the house to investigate. I stripped the BT module and it was soaking. Dried it off, cleaned components as some were now growing with gunk! Stripped sat nav, seemed ok, just evidence of a little water on the surface, DVD changer looked dry inside. Left them all overnight in front of a dehumidifier.
Stuck them all back in, no joy, still the same... Damn.
I then re-read all the posts.
There was a reply to one from EBAJEMA... He said that when he got his FFRR the MOST connector was linked out at the BT module. A quick pm to him to ask a few more details was sent and he replied straight away with what I wanted to hear.
I have just been out to the car, I removed the BT fibre optic connector, took the fibres out of the connector by removing the blue clip and pushing the fibres out. Pushed them into a straw and taped them up... This was just temporary to prove something. The fibres must be perfectly straight.
The whole system burst into life.... The relief was amazing!!
The BT module is obviously goosed, but it is possible to bypass it. I have done a full check and everything works.
In the meantime, I am going to put some heat shrink tubing around the fibres to keep them aligned.
Two jobs left to do, source another BT module, or get it repaired and get the AV kit waterproofed.
I would recommend that you all check that you have no evidence of water ingress in the rear quarter. I have read of the water shedder bag and did nothing about it.... I will now! Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #99656 29th Dec 2011 12:41pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

great that you have found and part solved the problem but i'm perplexed that you have water ingress ...i thought it was only the pre 2005 ranges that had the problem and not the later ranges.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #99657 29th Dec 2011 12:58pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Well, they have not fixed it on mine certainly.. Still would recommend that everyone checks theirs. Could save a lot of headaches and wallet aches.. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #99695 29th Dec 2011 5:03pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Many thanks for this, Contraband.

I have just had the same problem. Suspected a blown fuse, dud battery, alternator or regulator gone.

But I came across your thread and I thought I'd try it first. Turned out to be the Nokia module at the top of the gubbins in the lh side of the boot. By-passed it and the cd player etc started working again.

Yet there is no sign whatsoever of water ingress into that area - totally dry. (54 plate with touch screen).

Thanks also to Stan and Ebajema.

Post #212288 25th Sep 2013 7:47pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Excellent... Thumbs Up Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #212290 25th Sep 2013 7:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1