Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > radio/cd display problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue
radio/cd display problem?

Hi there, after a little help please before going back to the dealer,

I'm just trying to establish if I do have a stereo/display problem, My 03 vogue sometimes sticks on the 'Landrover' logo screen on the display ( sometimes sticks on the main menu screen and cant toggle to the other displays eg ,set, dsp, monitor off ) it wont change when you press the menu button to get to the main menu, the radio or cd player works and changes over from each other when pressing the mode button but ( not always) the sound goes off, turns off and the screen then goes blank.
I can get back to the radio or cd when pressing the on button again but sometimes it will goes off again after a few miles.

Now I have checked this site for answers and I can confirm that no water is getting in the back left side or rear right where the electronic gubbins are and no water in the spare wheel well, all bone dry.
Is the radio/cd module silver with 1 blue connector and a black connector next to it? I have not taken this connector off yet to check dry joins but the fuse is good behind glove box.

I did mention this to the dealer where I bought the FF and he mentioned it could be ignition based, contact at the back? ( new one on my that) has this happened to anyone else and what did fix this problem.
when the cd or radio works it works very well.

Hope I've explained it ok.

Thanks in advance guys. If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #221759 8th Nov 2013 11:43pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Check all those connections in that boot compartment - sometimes if one is loose if can cause the system to hang.

The other thing you can try is a full re-boot - disconnect the battery for 30 mins & reconnect.

Post #221762 9th Nov 2013 12:21am
Welshdragon

Ok will do, when it stops raining long enough to get out and play. Thanks will let you know how it goes. Thumbs Up If it dont work.......burn it!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #221795 9th Nov 2013 8:48am
Welshdragon

well I checked the fuses and the connectors and all ok there, yesterday coming home from work the cd dropped out no sound, switched it back on and worked for awhile....this morning cd worked all the way to work no problem and the screen stayed on the cd screen , not even froze!

Ok I have looked at a bmw fourm and these units and modules are the same, but they have reported some sort of ignition problem or sometime's a reboot, by disconnect battery ( both leads off ) then touch the leads together?!? Shocked new one on me this, anyone else heard of that?

I have not done the reboot yet as the weather has been really wet, just wondering about the above reboot thats all. If it dont work.......burn it!

Post #221976 10th Nov 2013 12:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1