Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Gearbox fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bozmandb9

Gearbox fault

Guys,

My new car has an intermittent fault with the gearbox. It comes up with the message 'Transmission fault. Limited Gears Available'. When fault codes are read it comes up with P0783 - 3rd to 4th shift.

The faults seems to only occur under light throttle at around 25-30. Since I got the car there were a few faults, including engine light, however today many of them appear to be better, no engine light, and the recurrence of the gearbox fault is much less frequent.

Of course I will get the dealer to rectify, but I want to understand what is wrong so I make sure it's put right! It appears that I can avoid the gearbox fault by using manual mode when driving through towns, (which is when it's worst at 25-30 shifting between 3 and 4). If I put it in Sport mode it just occurrs at a higher speed. So far it hasn't happened at all in Manual mode.

I have replaced the battery, and initially I thought this had made no difference, however today it appears to be driving better, and the engine light has gone off. Fuel economy seems to be improving too. It's showing around 18 on the computer, with some 'spirited' driving, and a couple of nice overtakes. I reckon the real figure is 80% of this whilst on LPG (all the time apart from warm up).

Any advice on the gearbox would be greatly appreciated, do these six speeders have any known issues? Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #52052 27th Feb 2011 7:30pm
mercuryf1

Malaysia 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I know this thread is an old thread but I am experiencing the same problem with my car. "Transmission fault. Limited gears only"
Codes read that the problem is 3/4 gears.
How did you sort out your problem?

BTW my battery was fully charged by the battery tender at home. '01 1.8i Freelander. Grey/ grey
'06 4.2 S/C Buckingham Blue/ Parchment
'15 5.0 S/C SVA Loire blue/ Black

Post #227200 5th Dec 2013 5:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1