Home > General (L405) > Suspension rattle and Drive selector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CaptainG

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Suspension rattle and Drive selector

Not a good start to what I thought was a fabulous car,
after a couple of days following delivery the suspension was starting to rattle, looking on here I see this is not new,
on top of that there was a small fluid leak (oil) from rear of car,
So two weeks after delivery the car is back at the dealers for checks. On the way in the rotary drive selector decides its not going to play ball and rises on starting car and swiftly drops back down again.
Shutting off and back on a couple of times and it stayed up & I can get it back to the dealer & swap it for a loan Discovery...
That evening I am informed that the leak was in connection with the active anti roll bars and that it required a replacement part which would arrive and be fitted the following day, the drive selector was apparently a software update.
So the following afternoon I was expecting to collect the car but on calling the dealer was informed that although the parts had come in for the anti roll bar problem the software fix didnt work on the drive selector and it needed to be replaced but part was on back order so he would get back to me in the morning with delivery date....

Obviously not a happy chappy with having my £100k car being stripped down to have parts replaced after barely 400 miles and 2 weeks of driving it. But we wait patiently for another day only to be told now that the part that is required is not available from Land Rover and worse than that they dont know when it will be.
This is now 1 week today & I am still none the wiser as to when I can expect it back.

I find it unbelievable that LR cannot support this car ~ seriously regretting my purchase now & have informed dealer I am rejecting the car. So far no response from them.

So after many years of owning reliable Land Rover products (for me anyway) I am totally p#**#d off.

I hope noone else has a failure of drive selector in the short term whilst there is no stock available.

Post #229772 17th Dec 2013 4:00pm
Contraband

Scotland 

That really is unacceptable. My brother has successfully rejected a new FFRR in the past, so it can be done.
Let us know how it goes. Thumbs Up Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #229785 17th Dec 2013 4:32pm
fairwx

2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV6 Luxor

I had a full replacement from LR so good luck.

Post #229800 17th Dec 2013 5:05pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Sad story. That's really unacceptable. Good move not putting up with that and rejecting. The JLR folks at the Customer Relation section should be weighing in on this.

Post #229959 18th Dec 2013 2:10am
jettec

Australia 2013 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Fuji White
LandRover should Up The Quality Control.

Hi Iam so sorry to hear of your pain, LandRover needs to up Their Quality control at the factory and their dealers ! They have a very loyal fan base for the new L405 pleeese don t spoil it JLR.

Post #229966 18th Dec 2013 6:55am
greystripe

United Kingdom 

I have the same problem with the drive selector and the car is in with the dealer at the moment waiting for parts as they gave me the same supply problems as they gave you. The dealership gave me a Freelander to run-a-round in over the Christmas period which I rejected stating I wanted the same model as the mine. The dealership could not do this but they arranged for a car hire company (Enterprise) to hire me a L405 Vogue SE on the ‘Landover’ account. Alright it doesn’t have the Executive seating, Pan-roof or deployable side steps but it is costing JLR £1600.00 a week, so far its cost them over £4500. I’m off to Scotland in the next few days and not back in Surrey until the 26th so that will push the hire charges to around £8800.00 at retail. Also you go on the JLR priority list for the parts as JLR won’t want to keep paying the hire charges. So tell your dealership you want the same model as the one you purchased or money back.

Post #232361 2nd Jan 2014 4:14pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Smart man Thumbs Up

When it starts hitting the wallet, things happen much faster.

Post #232486 3rd Jan 2014 2:29am
CharlesA22

Scotland 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Baltic Blue
Suspension rattle and drive selector

Sorry to read these tales of woe. My SDV8 had the recalcitrant drive selector once or twice, but has not recurred since the software update. Suspension rumble on mine appears to have been resolved by fitting two new front suspension bushes. (Correction: that's what dealer said was on order. They now advise two new Front Lower Suspension arms with modified ball joints, were actually fitted.) Sadly, FBH (park heater) started smoking like a barbecue before I left the dealer, so it's still off the road. Lost day 5 of its 11 week life to date! FFRR user since 1974. RR No. 10 (2021MY P525 delivered Nov 2020)

Post #233695 9th Jan 2014 12:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1