Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Having FBH Fitted to 2006 RR HSE US Spec
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blueRR2006

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
Having FBH Fitted to 2006 RR HSE US Spec

Is it possible to have the FBH added to my RR, if so, what would be the process and items needed?

Thanks
blueRR2006

Post #234685 14th Jan 2014 5:22am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

It's very rare on a UK petrol car. So would be very very expensive probably too expensive to add Sad

Post #234694 14th Jan 2014 9:04am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

I think the reason they are rare in the UK is because FBHs were generally not very popular before they started getting fitted to diesel vehicles as auxiliary heaters and while park-heat is nice, it is not a dire necessity in the relatively moderate temps the UK generally sees. In Germany even VW Golf (or lesser) owners often have FBHs retrofitted.

Yes, it is quite possible to retrofit, though you will likely not find a retrofit kit from a LR dealer. You can prob source a universal kit from a Bosch dealer in Germany, purchase the OEM RR pieces and do a complete OEM-style integration. It will not be easy, tho, especially as there is no support or parts in the US. And having a FBH retrofitted costs around €1200 to €1500+ in Germany. With the current exchange rate, shipping, taxes, and the extra RR bits, I could easily see this costing $2500+...

Just as an example, here is a retrofit kit for a BMW X1. http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-BMW-X1-Nac...4618e59297

If you think you are still interested, you can contact Webasto (the manufacturer of the FBHs) in the US at http://www.webasto.com/us/markets-products...rmo-top-c/ - or shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with someone who can put together all the necessary pieces in Germany. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #234760 14th Jan 2014 1:01pm
blueRR2006

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Cam-Tech-Craig
yep, i figured it would be very cost prohibited Shocked

Steve,
Thanks for the info, if at a later time I decide I still want to add it, I'll pm you.

I've also been looking at trying to add a remote-start. That way I can have the RR heat up (in cold weather) or cool the cabin when hot out. Also not have to worry about battery being drained, like with the FBH.

This company makes a kit for the RR, but it's for the MY2010-up. Stuart gave me a list of shops that purchases his kits, but not sure if they are comfortable/competent enough to install on any pre-MY2010 models. I haven't called around as of yet.
http://www.autoingenuity.net

http://www.andysautosport.com/remote_start...rover.html - (sells universal kits)

I also stumble across this youtube video by Drone
Remote Starter Drone iPhone Range Rover Sport

Don't know where UAE is!!! United Arab Emirates

If anybody needs a remote start in UAE for Land Rover or to convert it to push start just call me on 00971503212638
Push Start in UAE
Remote Start in UAE
Keyless entry in UAE

Sorry, maybe this should have been another thread - Remote Starters for Range Rovers Embarassed

Thanks
blueRR

Post #234916 14th Jan 2014 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1