Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > LPG > Recent conversion on a 2004
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DaveK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey
Recent conversion on a 2004

The company who converted my 2003 Vogue to LPG ( Northwest Gases, St Helens, Merseyside ) have just converted another Range Rover 4.4 Vogue, one I helped them choose. It's a 2004 , 76 thousand mile Vogue in Black with full service history.
I followed the conversion from start to finish and can honestly say I have never seen such a neat conversion on a Range Rover, and that includes under the car where the vital pipes and wires run.
There is nothing to see under the bonnet other than a Flashlube kit. To me, a proper conversion should look like it was part of the original vehicle.
The filler is on the newly fitted tow bar kit and the tank is in the wheel well with the air compressor moved to the pocket on the right hand side of the boot. It is in a special frame and soundproofed. 95 ltr tank fitted.
I've put some photos in the gallery of this conversion.

Post #230530 20th Dec 2013 8:16pm
tonybm730

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Hi Dave I'm thinking of having mine converted and only live in Wigan do you know how much they charge for this conversion cheers Tony

Post #234645 13th Jan 2014 9:41pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Post #236764 24th Jan 2014 9:11am
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Looks tidy, not sure about the logo, especially in Chrome l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #236768 24th Jan 2014 9:24am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

looks good.

I have a 2002 with prinz system, and it works perfectly, car has 150k and it was pro-fitted at 60k. similar tank setup to mine. I have an upright disco3 spacesaver tyre mounted in the boot, as I cant risk a bad puncture, and a tin of foam etc. mine has the lpg vapouriser on the nearside strut turret, in front of the brake abs modulator. and the injectors are all hidden under the top cover. working on the engine is still possible ie rocker covers come off and room to move hands around all parts etc. there are many myths regarding lpg, usually bad from poor fitted systems etc. Ive had three lpg rangies, and apart from an older early p38 with singlepoint, which was dreadful, they all performed great. turns the car into a family priced everyday car. -at approx. 23-25p a mile.
two garages here, one at 74p, and the sainsburys at just 65p (jan 2014) and you can use your 5p off a litre shopping voucher.
still goes like the clappers, and as for changeover, you never have to think about it! also, regarding the emissions, no MOT probs, and engine oil stays brown! (almost) even at 7k
hope not going off (main) topic here.

flying the lpg flag with pride....

Post #236771 24th Jan 2014 10:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1