Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > steering tilt spindle and drive spindle bar problem..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
greasemonkey1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
steering tilt spindle and drive spindle bar problem..

hi everyone
( bit of along one,but here goes) Arrow
could anyone tell me if they have had problems with their steering tilt mechanism..mine doesn't work,,never has since i bought the vogue and iv'e read this being a major issue with 99.9% of l322 models however i thought id have a go at it today seeing the sun was shining even if it was only briefly,
problem i'm having is,the motor spins and the little drive spindle at the bottom of the motor spins,however the tilt spindle that drives the mechanism making the steering go higher or lower is not attached to the drive spindle part of the motor,so when the motor spin the tilt spindle is not getting any movement from thedrive spindle,
its like the drive spindle is too far from the tilt spindle,i took it all out and the damn thing is not meeting each other,iv'e tried tightening the tilt spindle manually using a 13 mm spanner tightening up the nut attached to it to try and meet the drive spindle but the nut at the end of the tilt spindle doesn't allow it to travel further ,
i know the drive spindle bar fits into the squareish gap in the top of the tilt spindle but thats the problem they just arent doing that,can't seem to make the two link into each other .. Confused does anyone have a solution for this problem,
so so glad i didn't but a new motor as most write ups quotes the motor as the culprit when the tilt dont work on the steering...if anyone had this issue and had it sorted,id loved to hear from you,cheers folks look forward to hearing from you soon.. Bow down
best regards steve

Last edited by greasemonkey1 on 4th Feb 2014 10:35pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #239622 4th Feb 2014 5:45pm
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Are these links any good to you?

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/steering/reach3.html

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/steering/tilt3.html

My Tilt and telescope work fine.....at the moment Very Happy If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #239698 4th Feb 2014 8:45pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You could buy a second hand tilt motor thats proven to work and save LOADS on a new one, dead easy to fit.

I might know someone who has one... Whistle Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #239704 4th Feb 2014 9:00pm
greasemonkey1

thanks for the link welshdragon, Thumbs Up RRUK the problem is not with the motor,its with the tilt spindle that can be seen in the link,its not making contact to the drive spindle thats part of the motor,,so when the motor turns,it drives the drive spindle in which should then turn the tilt spindle,but the two are not connected...so the motor is spinning freely and not producing any angle of tilt ....
regards steve

Post #239778 4th Feb 2014 10:27pm
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hope you get it sorted soon, Nothing worse than having something not right and working as it should. If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #239809 4th Feb 2014 11:13pm
greasemonkey1

cheers mate.. Bow down but till i get the info of why the two spindle ain't making contact i wont be able to fix nought,hoping someone on here went through same problem and has the info...the whole system is back together all screwed back in,when the weather is right maybe summer time i will have another go figuring it out,not an urgent thing,the reach sensor works,like you said its just one of them nigli thing and i just wanted to get it fixed..cheers welshdragon.. Thumbs Up

Post #239819 4th Feb 2014 11:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1