Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Steering controls not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ppcsl

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black
Steering controls not working

I just fitted a replacement logic 7 amp which is from a newer model. The part number is a couple of digits different. It has fixed my no sound problem. But I have another problem now the controls on the steering wheel don't work any more and I can't set the time on the clocks. The touchscreen retains the time and date when I enter it but it doesn't update the analogue or digital read outs.
I disconnected the battery again and touched the terminals together for at least 15 minutes but no difference. Do you think the amp is needing reprogrammed for my car?
Any ideas?
The good thing is I have a radio again Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
George Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #249904 22nd Mar 2014 9:41pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

one of the quirks of the FF is that it might decide to work again the next time you use it...i'd wait a bit.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #249908 22nd Mar 2014 10:02pm
ppcsl

Yes Stan so true..lol Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #249952 23rd Mar 2014 2:05am
ppcsl

Just went out to check that the radio sound was still working and it is but the system hasn't retained any of the settings and it sits on the land rover logo with just an un-tuned radio hiss. what a pain in the Censored this car is. One step forward two steps back.
I can't even get in to the settings to manually tune the radio. Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #250018 23rd Mar 2014 3:28pm
ppcsl

I have just gone back out to the devil car Twisted Evil to check the connections were all okay and when I put the key in the ignition and turned it the radio burst into life, I then tried setting the clocks and they are setting okay. I tried the steering controls and they are working all except he left side volume controller it doesn't. AAARRRGGGHHHHH.
This car is trying to break me Big Cry
Is it possible the battery is maybe a little flat and could be causing these issues? Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #250023 23rd Mar 2014 4:08pm
rej

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Are the left side buttons not for the cruise control on yours? I only have volume controls on the right of the wheel There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #250056 23rd Mar 2014 6:29pm
ppcsl

Hi Rej, you could be correct on that one. It has been a long time since I have had a working radio that I have forgotten what the buttons all do Rolling with laughter
George Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #250067 23rd Mar 2014 7:11pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

so it all works now George? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #250072 23rd Mar 2014 7:40pm
ppcsl

Yes Stan at last it is working it has only been since October I have had this problem. Whistle Hopefully I go out tomorrow morning and I have glorious sounds coming from my radio (better make sure it is radio 2 and not 1). I have a funny feeling it was to do with the battery not being fully charged. I did notice the battery is a 95ah and not the recomended 110ah one so may have to invest in a new battery.
I also shoved a thick piece of plastic over the TMC module and the amp, I have been looking through some of the posts regarding the water shedder and next weekend I will cover the BT and DVD player as well. I should have looked at the posts first to see what needs covered.
Next on the to do list is a new dipped beam bulb which is slightly dull and goes off every now and again. Then a new indicator case which is broken and being held together with hot glue. The joys of RR ownership. The lense couldn't hold up to a direct hit from the most stupid of all birds the Pheasant.

Post #250123 23rd Mar 2014 9:12pm
JAYBOY

Wales 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Ohh how we all love Full Fats
At least its all working for the time being George Thumbs Up 2020 Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid (V FAST)
2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8
2018 JCW Mini Cooper
2018 Skoda VRS

Post #250124 23rd Mar 2014 9:18pm
ppcsl

We'll the radio did work sort of. This morning the screen showed all the stations but the steering controls didn't work. The volume knob didn't work either. Switched the radio off then on and the steering controls worked but then stopped about 10 miles into my journey. On the way home tonight the screen was stuck on the Land Rover logo but the steering volume worked but channel change didn't and the volume knob worked.
My car is haunted by a twisted little radio gremlin........ Evil or Very Mad

Post #250357 24th Mar 2014 11:59pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i would look at the condition of the battery, is it more than 3 years old, does it pass a drop test?.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #250385 25th Mar 2014 9:45am
ppcsl

I'm not sure i've only had the car a year and a half. It looks fairly new, not dirty or greasy. I will try and see the date on it. I should change it anyway cos it is only a 95ah.
The radio is strange I turn the key to the first position the channels show but as soon as I turn the engine on the screen blanks then comes back on and sticks on the LR logo. I am wondering if there are some ferrite cores missing somewhere on the back of the touchscreen. Traded in my Audi TT 225 for my Range Rover TD6 Autobiography in Java Black. Range Rover now sold.

Post #250595 25th Mar 2014 10:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1